Marqeta is on a mission to change the way money moves. We’re one of the earliest enablers of embedded finance, a market opportunity sized up in the trillions. Our card issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions, and manage payment operations in real time. Marqeta is powering the most well known brands in the new economy (Block, Cash App, Affirm, Instacart, Doordash, Uber, Walmart, etc). Today nearly 8 out of 10 Americans use a product powered by Marqeta every week. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to work with innovators around the world and unlock equitable financial access for all.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Compliance Analystto drive implementation of security controls and maintain our technical compliance program. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess internal control effectiveness, facilitate external audits, drive remediation of findings and risks and articulate the Company’s compliance posture to our auditors, customers and partners. You will partner closely with Technology, Product, Internal Audit, Legal, Sales and Operations teams to monitor the controls required to meet key security standards and regulatory requirements, including PCI DSS, PCI 3DS, SOX, ISO 27001, GDPR and SSAE 18. This role reports to the Technical Compliance Senior Manager.
We work Flexible First. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States or from our headquarters in Oakland, CA. We’d love for you to join us!
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and implement a Common Controls Framework based on security and data protection standards (e.g. PCI, ISO, NIST, GDPR, etc.)
- Identify, document and map technology processes, systems and internal controls of applicable technology infrastructure and operational areas per the scope of audit projects
- Partner with Security and Control Owners across the organization to design and mature security controls
- Perform testing and monitoring, including inquiry, observation, documentation gathering and other analysis to assess compliance with security and data protection policies and regulatory requirements
- Develop recommendations to remediate issues identified during assessments
- Foster strong cross-functional partnerships to drive remediation of findings and execution of security compliance objectives and goals
- Facilitate internal and external security and privacy audits
What We’re Looking For
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 3 years and a Master’s degree, or a PhD without experience, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 years industry experience in Information Security, IT Risk Management, IT Audit or Compliance
- Experience designing and integrating technical regulations and standards (e.g. PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SOC2, SOX, NIST, etc.) into new products and services
- Experience working with global privacy and data protection regulations is a plus (e.g. GDPR, CCPA)
- A strong bias toward action and able to operate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to simplify key security messages and translate technical matters to non-technical audiences
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP preferred
We work Flexible First. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within [Country Name] or from our [local office city]. We’d love for you to join us!
Recruiter For This Role
Compensation and Benefits
Marqeta is a Flex First company which allows you to choose your best working environment, whether that be from home or at a company office. To support Flex First, we calibrate pay to a competitive value according to working location. Compensation is aligned according to three tiers within the United States:
- National: A baseline tier that applies to most of the geographic territory of the United States.
- Premium: Slightly elevated from the National tier, and oriented toward a narrower set of higher cost-of-living areas, such as Los Angeles CA and Seattle WA
- Premium Plus: A tier for the most expensive working areas, like the San Francisco Bay area and New York City.
Visit this page or consult with a Recruiter to determine which tier would be applicable to you.
Within our Revenue organization at Marqeta, On Target Earnings (OTE) is composed of a mix between annual salary and variable compensation, which is earned based on your individual performance and that of your immediate team.
When determining salaries, we consider several factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior experience, and work location. The new-hire base salary range for this position is:
- National: $81,600- $108,800
- Premium: $91,800 - $122,400
- Premium Plus: $102,000 - $136,000
We also believe in recognizing the contributions of our people. That's why we award annual bonuses to eligible employees, rewarding both individual performance and the success of the entire company.
Along with monetary compensation, Marqeta offers
- Multiple health insurance options
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Equity in a publicly-traded company and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Family-forming benefits, fertility support, and up to 20 weeks of Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial and professional coaching, and legal advice
- Monthly stipend to support our remote work model
- Annual “development dollars” to support our people growth and development
Equal Opportunity, Accommodations, and Privacy
Marqeta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that gives consideration to all qualified applicants, irrespective of any characteristics protected by law. This includes (but is not limited to) race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, color, ancestry, and Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants from all backgrounds, without regard to criminal histories, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion extends beyond the categories above. Review Marqeta’s ESG Report to see that dedication in action. Fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and respected creates a stronger and more innovative team at Marqeta. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and empower all members of our organization. Join us in building a company where diversity thrives and everyone can be their authentic selves.
If you require reasonable accommodation for the application process and beyond, please submit this form and we will be more than happy to assist you. Marqeta will make reasonable accommodations for candidates when needed in accordance with applicable law. The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.