Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Come help us define the future of music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for the attendees, and drive creativity for concerts. You will be an embedded QA Analyst helping us deliver high quality interactive virtual concerts. You will work directly with team members from other disciplines and be involved in Game, Tools and Show QA.
Please note: this is a direct hire, full time opportunity. We are not interested in C2C workers at this time nor are we working with third party recruiting agencies. Thank you for your understanding.
- Share acquired project knowledge with fellow QA testers
- Work in conjunction with the QA Lead to collect bug reports from available sources, email, /bug reports from in game users and other sources using the appropriate tools and channels
- Learn to write and deliver test plans with the QA Lead
- Apply a proactive approach in the QA Process on a consistent level
- Journeyman testing – Must be able to think outside the scope of the test plan when appropriate (ad hoc testing, documenting negative test cases, etc.)
- Test using VR hardware on a daily basis
- Comprehend and execute assigned Test Plans and Projects
- Report verified bugs to the QA Lead and bug database
- General software testing and methodologies
- Assure patches/updates, new builds and shipped products are functional and operate as intended
- Review and Document bug reports
- Follow QA Tester procedures outlined by QA Lead
- Become proficient at the project(s) assigned
- 1+ years of experience in QA
- 1+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- Working knowledge of the software development process
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new methodologies and approaches to testing
- Demonstrated proficiency with bug tracking software(s) like JIRA
- Game development background
- Software development background
- Experience with live music events
- Experience using VR devices
- Music Lover
- Passion for live events
- Passion for VR apps or VR games
Salary Range:$60,000 - $70,000**
**Salaries at Wave are based on a few factors including a candidate's location (to account for any cost of living differences), their experience level and their performance during the interview process. On top of a cash salary we also include company equity in the form of stock options with every full time offer as well as other benefits (insurance, 401k, unlimited PTO, laptop/desktop and other IT equipment as needed, subsidized monthly home internet, etc). Salary ranges at Wave are determined based on the job requirements, experience level and market data attained from compensation surveys.