Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare
Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. We enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring their caregivers have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise.
Vesta Primary Care “VPC” is one of Vesta’s divisions that specializes in primary care. We focus on older adults with long-term home care needs. Our practice serves patients in need of chronic care management, often home-bound, who benefit from a primary care provider who makes house calls. We help these individuals live happier, healthier lives by partnering with their aides and caregivers, as a key part of the care team. We use a combination of in-person and virtual care to provide primary care to our patients.
We seek team members who are passionate about caring for older adults and collaborating with their caregivers to provide a team-based approach to care. Our team members are patient-centered optimists who always focus on doing what’s best for patients and their caregivers. Our team goes the extra mile to ensure tasks related to patient care are complete, timely and thorough. We see ourselves as being here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things, like time with one another.
The Medical Assistant Role:
Medical Assistants are critical teammates for our primary care practice. Their role focuses on serving patients both at bedside and behind the scenes. VPC Medical Assistants spend time in the field supporting Primary Care Providers and/or facilitating telemedicine appointments. They also facilitate critical patient-related tasks, ensuring that patients and families have both the services and information they need to support chronic care needs. VPC Medical Assistants work in hybrid roles, spending part of the week in the field and part of the week working remotely.
Key Medical Assistant activities include
- Serving as an extension of the Primary Care Provider by facilitating telemedicine appointments in the field, when the PCP is working remotely
- Performing health screenings by phone or in person
- Taking vital signs and performing appropriate bedside clinical procedures
- Chart preparation and bedside scribe functions
- Maintaining up to date medical records, ensuring communication is documented and flows through the electronic medical record
- Scheduling appointments
- Conducting back office support such as filling out forms, facilitating orders and referrals, engaging in patient related conversation at the direction of and under the supervision of a clinical practitioner, scheduling appointments, and other activities as needed
- Coverage for “front office” functions as necessary, such as answering phones and conducting other administrative tasks
The ideal teammate would be…
A patient-centered individual who enjoys assisting a clinical team in coordinating patient care. S/he enjoys performing outreach and speaking with older adults and their caregivers. The ideal Medical Assistant is detail oriented, is driven to complete tasks with quality and completeness and enjoys the feeling of a clear task list. This individual prioritizes providing high quality, timely care and sees this as their purpose.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Provide practice support including: contacting members, caregivers, and care team members as directed, work closely with the clinical team to improve the health and care of our members
- Coordinate care for patients of the practice
- Perform precise data entry within the electronic medical record, as appropriate for scope of practice
- Ensure data quality and accuracy
- Answer phones with a smile and customer service orientation
- Other administrative support
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- Located in the New York City area and able to commute ~2 days per week to the Queens area (required)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a healthcare setting (required)
- The ability to work Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm pm EST (required)
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology (required)
- Knowledge and understanding of chronic care management processes (preferred)
- Fluency in English and Spanish/Mandarin/Cantonese/Russian (writing, reading and speaking) (preferred)
- A customer service mindset for both internal and external customers (required)
- Medical Assistant and or Medical Scribe Certification (required)
- A strong proficiency in computer software navigation; data entry and data cleansing
- A fundamental knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or similar
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team, displaying good judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to perform duties as assigned or requested
- Ability to travel within the designated service area and reliable transportation, including to locations with limited access to public transportation; valid driver's license and proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle is required
- National or State Medical Assistant Certification required.
- A quiet place to work on remote days, where patient related conversation can happen in private and employee can focus on patient-related tasks.
- Up to date on appropriate vaccinations
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- ~12 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- 401k with match
Pay rate is $25.00 hourly. (The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level).
If yes, then we look forward to speaking to you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
At Vesta, we are constantly searching for the most dynamic and best talent to join our team with a mission of empowering caregivers in the home!
If you are ever contacted by e-mail from any domain other than https://vestahealthcare.com, please do not respond, as there is a likelihood it could be a scam as it is not a legitimate Vesta email. You might see things from a similar domain address, but with a slight misspelling, for example. We have no responsibility for any communication that does not come from the https://vestahealthcare.com domain, and we strongly advise that you not provide information or respond if not from the legitimate Vesta domain. If you have any concerns that outreach might not be legitimate, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.