Senior Manager, Site Reliability
Who we are
Are you passionate about innovating at the intersection of technology and personal security? At Pindrop, we recognize that the human voice is a unique personal identifier, increasingly susceptible to sophisticated fraud, including the threat of deepfakes. We're leading the way in developing cutting-edge authentication, fraud prevention, and deepfake detection. Our mission is to provide seamless and secure digital experiences, safeguarding the most personal aspect of our identity: our voice. Here, you'll be part of a team driven by values of Innovation, Customer Advocacy, Excellence, and Impact. We're not just creating a safer digital landscape by fortifying trust and integrity with those we serve, we’re also building a dynamic, supportive workplace where your contributions make a real difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop is backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
Our tech stack
Python, Go and Bash
Jenkins/Github Actions, Github, Nginx, VMWare/Proxmox, Splunk, ELK, Artifactory, Prometheus/Grafana, Kubernetes (EKS/GKE/Helm/Flex),
AWS/GCP infrastructure services such as Compute, Postgres, DynamoDB, Blob Storage/S3, Lambda
What you’ll do
At Pindrop, we commit to creating Evangelical Customers for Life; because of this, customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do. To help us build functional systems that improve the customer experience we are now looking for an experienced Sr. Manager of SRE. You will be responsible to help improve Reliability, Scalability and Security of our SaaS platform. You will be responsible for overall infrastructure for our Cloud platform and Datacenter setup, deploying security updates, Reporting Uptime and other relevant SLAs and managing and evolving our incident management process.
- Manage, lead, and uplevel the SRE team as well as the wider Engineering team.
- Collaborate with other Engineering managers to evolve our Infrastructure to the next level of reliability and scalability.
- Lead your teams to deliver with a high level of executive and achievement.
- Define and manage project plans and deliverables for the SRE group.
- Well-versed in SRE tools, concepts and methodologies.
- Help the team Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Work across various Engineering teams (DevOps, Platform, Product) to identify areas of improvement in our SaaS platform.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
Who you are
- You possess a problem-solving attitude and are adaptable in the face of change
- You are positive and enthusiastic with a high level of cross-functional partnership across other technical teams and Pindrop as a whole
- You bring a collaborative approach and excite your teams by creating a high-performing team culture
- You are an excellent communicator with high quality presentation skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity. Being the “unsung hero” is just another day on the job as you keep our infrastructure in excellent working order
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under-promise and over-deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 6+ years experience directly and formally managing and leading SRE team and function
- Prior professional experience as a SRE Engineer or similar role
- Architectural experience building and managing large scale SaaS systems
- Experience with multiple cloud technologies required (one of: AWS or GCP)
- Knowledge of Terraform, Ansible, Python or Golang required
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Infrastructure as a Code concepts.
- Well versed with incident management process, uptime SLA, and, error budget etc.
- Possess technical confidence and familiarity with SRE tools, techniques, and more importantly, mindset
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions that lead to increased productivity
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with multi-cloud architectural environments preferred.
- Experience managing teams supporting Google Cloud Platform (GCP) rollouts preferred.
- Hands-on experience with observability tools like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Splunk, Opentrace, etc preferred.
- Experience leading and/or supporting platform engineering teams and driving alignment with other engineering teams preferred.
- Telephony infrastructure experience preferred.
What’s in it for you
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest. We’re a passionate group committed to excellence - but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
Within 30 days you’ll
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers
- Get to know your team and colleagues, and participate in standing meetings such as 1:1’s, standups, and weekly touchpoints.
- Begin getting familiar with our different products, services, workflows, deployments, and environments
Within 60 days you’llBuild tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Assess cloud costs and create plans for cost optimization and cost reduction
- Design department-wide procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Within 90 days you’ll
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 4 company-wide rest days in 2024 where the entire company rests and recharges!
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from - including one employer-paid “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave - Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Identity protection through Norton LifeLock
- Remote-first culture with opportunities for in-person team events
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate - We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life - We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence - We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company - Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference - Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.