Product Manager, Connect
College Possible - National Office
About College Possible
As one of the largest and most successful college access and success programs in the country, since 2000 College Possible has helped more than 80,000 students from under-represented communities get into and through college through an intensive curriculum of coaching and support. Its pioneering model matches students with a near-peer coach and an evidence-based curriculum designed to help students overcome the most common barriers to getting into college and completing their degree - all at no cost to students or their families.Nationwide, College Possible students are three times more likely to earn a bachelor's degree within six years than their peers from similar backgrounds.
College Possible is a proud AmeriCorps program. AmeriCorps is a federal agency that brings people together to tackle the country's most pressing challenges through national service. Our AmeriCorps members commit to a year of service as a College Possible coach in communities throughout the country. Many coaches represent the identities of the students they serve, and each brings a commitment to social justice and closing the college equity divide.
Our near-peer coaching model has earned national recognition: the inaugural Evergreen National Education Award recognized our leadership in increasing access to and success in college for students from low-income backgrounds. It also earns top-of-field results: a Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student's chance of enrolling in a four-year college, and our students are four times more likely to become college graduates than their low-income peers. College Possible has an annual operating budget of $33 million, more than 200 full-time employees and more than 300 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2021-2022 school year, we reached an estimated 24,000 students nationwide. During the 2021-2022 school year, we reached an estimated 24,000 students nationwide.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
College Possible is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the communities we serve. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. For each of its positions, College Possible is mindful about what best serves our students, and seeks to hire staff with relevant experience, skills and aptitude, and a commitment to the power of education. To learn more, read ourDiversity and Inclusion Plan.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, MN, College Possible operates: regional sites in Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Omaha, NE; Philadelphia, PA; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA; College Forward in Austin, TX; and Catalyze partnerships in California, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Learn more atCollegePossible.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
College Possible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals and conduct all possible activities in fully accessible settings.
Your Role as Product Manager, Connect
Reporting to the VP, College and Career, the Product Manager will act as the technical lead on existing product development and enhancement, as well as supporting research and development of additional Connect enhancements. The Product Manager will be responsible for developing a product roadmap, delivering app updates, and supporting the implementation of new features. The Product Manager will work closely with the Program Team to explore, create, and refine product enhancements that reinforce the Program's and Connect's value.
The ideal candidate will evince a passion for how technological solutions can greatly increase the impact of our current services. They will embrace an ambitious vision of social entrepreneurism in a fast-paced, start-up culture; and, above all else, work to ensure user satisfaction.
Connect is a mobile application that serves as a delivery mechanism, engagement tool, and supplemental support for students in the College Forward program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
●Lead technical product development of Connect.
- Coordinate with VP, College and Career to align strategy and priorities with College Possible's vision.
- Develop and execute product enhancement roadmap.
- Implement new and improved features to the mobile app.
- Manage projects related to the enhancement of Connect.
- make formal presentations internally and externally on Connect, including product enhancements.
- Manage a team of consultants and internal support team members required to implement new features; project managers, developers, UX designers, etc.
- Work closely with the Research, Design, and Innovation (RDI) team to align Connect's product roadmap with the roadmap of the organization's CRM and to make sure both systems are performing at optimal capacity.
● Implement the usage of Connect with our Direct Service Providers
- Train and/or create a training program for over 300 team members to use and manage usage of Connect.
- Create and document processes to ensure College Forward's sustainable usage of Connect.
- Execute any user onboarding and offboarding processes related to Connect.
- Support 300 direct service providers and 4,000 students when launching Connect to new cohorts of students.
- Support the rollout of Connect to new students via new partnerships (up to 10,000 students per year per partner).
- Develop and manage a process to handle any issues relating to Connect for both user types - students and Coaches.
- Resolve any issues that may arise preventing the usage of Connect.
- Establish benchmarks and analyze performance against said benchmarks to measure product performance and utilization.
- Work closely with the rest of the Program Team to ensure students and direct service providers utilize product features and enhancements.
- Work with the Curriculum team to identify, create, and publish new college resources into the app.
- Work with the Curriculum team to incorporate Connect into the organization's curriculum and DSP resources.
- Create and manage the app's Resource editorial calendar, ensuring that resources are posted into the app each week.
● Evaluate the usage of Connect and incorporate feedback from existing Connect users (both students and direct service providers) into the product roadmap.
- Monitor delivery channel usage and feedback to evaluate product effectiveness.
- Provide regular written and/or verbal performance reports to senior management and other appropriate stakeholders.
● Engage in regular professional development via Salesforce Trailhead modules and other learning opportunities.
● Ancillary Functions:
- Manage external Salesforce and business consultants and support vendor relationship(s) as necessary.
- Understand the strategic, long-term goals of the organization and the roles
- Connect, Salesforce and other future technology solutions will play in achieving those goals
- Participate in strategic planning conversations as College Forward's programs continue to scale.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
What You Bring
• Bachelor's Degree required.
Related Work Experience:
• Five to seven years working in either education or education-technology space
• Two to five years working as a product manager or related experience
• Education and/or nonprofit experience highly preferred.
• Prior customer service experience in a SaaS company highly preferred.
• Account management experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
• Ability to work well with diverse types of people in a team environment.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and handle potentially stressful situations calmly and appropriately.
• Desire to work in a growing nonprofit organization, ability to adapt, creativity, and commitment to excellence highly valued.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives in a fast-paced working environment.
• Superb project management and process mapping skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Candidates must demonstrate an ability to solve practical problems and deal with frequently changing variables.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Must be a self-driven individual who can thrive and produce outstanding results with little supervision.
• Ability to lift up to 15 pounds when needed.
• Office environment with limited travel.
• Ability to stand and/or sit for a minimum of 7 hours a day.
• Required to travel to state and national conferences 2-3 times per year.
• Travel will not exceed 20%.
What We Offer
In addition to joining a committed, diverse, values-based organization, we offer:
• An opportunity for you to have a tremendous impact both internally and in the broader country.
• A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits including complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance.
• 401(k) retirement plan.
• Encouraged sustainability through a generous paid time off program.
• Personalized professional development and growth opportunities.
To Join Our Growing College Possible Team
Please apply at: www.CollegePossible.org/careers- Include a resume and cover letter.
See more jobs at College Possible Leadership Team
Apply for this job