Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 50 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
As part of our Go To Market - Value Engineering team, you will leverage your in-depth knowledge of underwriting to provide technical and business insights that will optimize the value of Shift Underwriting solutions. In a highly collaborative role, your main mission is to identify and address the key business needs of insurer’s underwriting departments.
Help defining the Go-to-Market Strategy
- Identify the primary underwriting use cases to immediately address
- Define and explain the long term vision to justify carriers investments in underwriting risk assessment, fraud detection and automation
- Work with Product Marketing to help segment the market (with the business variables around lines of business, State-specific situations)
- Work with Solutions Consulting to present and agree on business use cases to focus on with the clients
Help driving the Go-to-Market Execution
- Work with Solutions Consulting to develop underwriting discovery questions and support pre-sales as needed in conducting client discovery workshops.
- Work with Sales Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to present the Shift underwriting vision to our prospects/clients, in particular the Head/Chief of underwriting
- Develop client success metrics, Key Performance Indicators, and business case documentation
Develop demo use cases
- Work with the Go-to-Market management to define the key use cases (per product and state) to focus on
- Work with Solutions Consulting and technical teams to define areas of focus for the demo and develop demo use cases and talk tracks.
- Work with enablement to develop training materials and train the teams on the Underwriting Risk Detection use cases
YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES IF YOU
- Have established relationships with the decision makers for Underwriting solutions at the top US P&C Insurance Companies
- 10+ years of progressive experience working at/with Insurance companies Underwriting department
- Held a Director level role or higher
- Have a in-depth knowledge and understanding of the North American Insurance ecosystem
- Have excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and non-verbal; you master the art of making complex things feel simple
- Can tailor communication to the needs of internal and external stakeholders with confidence and versatility, and thus provide memorable and impactful insights
- Can successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a university degree in a business-related field or commensurate experience
The range listed is for base compensation. Your actual base salary will vary based on factors including location and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process.
In addition to base salary, your total rewards package will include additional components such as incentive pay, equity, and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the specific details for this position.
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.