At Podium, our mission is to help local businesses win. Our lead conversion platform, powered by AI and integrations, helps local businesses convert leads faster, communicate easier, and make more sales. Every day, thousands of local businesses utilize our review management, communication, marketing, and payments products.
Our work and focus on helping local businesses thrive has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000, and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies.
At Podium, we believe in fostering a culture that thrives on hiring and developing exceptional talent. Our operating principles serve as a compass, guiding daily behavior and decision-making, and ensure we hire people who will thrive at Podium. If you resonate with our operating principles and are energized by our mission, Podium will be a great place for you!
Podium’s Analytics and Data Science team generates insights that shape the future of our products, operations, and customer relationships. We are seeking a highly motivated and analytically adept Data Scientist with a strong strategic mindset to join our team. In this role, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to uncover valuable insights from complex datasets, develop actionable strategies, and contribute to our overall business growth.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with a team of data analysts/scientists in developing new and improved analytics systems, all the way from prototyping to production.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to challenge various business issues.
- Attacking Podium’s most critical business problems, identifying solutions, and partnering with technical and operational teams to create business value
- Synthesizing large volumes of data from various sources to develop targeted insights using repeatable and scalable techniques
- Handle ad hoc reporting and analytics requests, while addressing stakeholder long-term goals and ensuring we’re solving the right problems
- Presenting salient visualizations that clearly articulate findings
- Changing how we think about and run the business
What you should have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in bizops, product, customer analytics, or any other related field.
- On the job experience working within data science capacity within a fast-paced and complex business setting.
- Proven ability to convert data to insight and communicate why it matters, both verbally and in writing.
- Expert understanding of SQL and core statistical concepts.
What we hope you have:
- Proven track record of translating data insights into strategic recommendations that have positively impacted business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to build automated, scalable, and repeatable solutions that enable a broad range of business users to derive value from analytical development.
- Extensive experience working on strategy or full-life cycle data science with tech/programming languages such as Python, R, git, DBT, Databricks/Snowflake.
- Capable of tailoring complex messages into simplified and business applicable material for key stakeholders and senior data science management.
- Open and transparent culture
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Generous vacation time, plus three 4-day summer holiday weekends
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan with competitive company matching
- Bi-annual swag drops with cool Podium gear and apparel
- A stellar HQ (Utah) gym with local professional coaches and classes offered
- Onsite HQ (Utah) child care center, subsidized for employees
- Additional benefits for fully remote employees
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.