Click here to learn more about the Software Engineer hiring process
At Ezoic, we’re building a better internet experience with our all-in-one digital publishing platform. We are looking for motivated, fast-learning developers who are excited to build products that scale to millions of visitors every day.
At its core, our product uses artificial intelligence to learn how users interact with digital content and proactively delivers the optimal front end for every visitor to our customers’ sites. We’ve built tools to automatically generate progressive web apps, in-depth reporting dashboards to give publishers novel insights into their users, data pipelines to process hundreds of millions of events, and tools to vastly increase the throughput and effectiveness of our machine learning decisions, just to name a few. We’re continuously growing, and we’re looking for frontend and backend developers who love building and solving problems across the entire tech stack.
You must be a tech-savvy professional who enjoys learning about new technologies and solving problems. This is a fast-moving engineering role where you will be able to work on core products and develop designs and functionality from scratch. You must enjoy collaborating with other smart engineers, creating scalable solutions to improve publishers’ digital properties.
We are hiring engineers across the entire stack. If you want to focus on backend, frontend, or full-stack, we have a position that will allow you to work on the type of code that you are passionate about. Our flexibility also allows you to move between roles as your interests change or as new features are being developed.
Technologies you’ll work with:
- Big Data: It’s the backbone of everything we do. We use Redshift and MySQL to store just about everything you could imagine about a visitor’s interactions with digital content.
- Machine Learning: We use TensorFlow, scikit-learn, Python, Golang, and state-of-the-art tools we’ve developed in-house to make data-driven decisions about the kinds of ads, content, and layouts to show each visitor.
- Web Development: We build customer-facing dashboards, apps, and internal tools using whatever framework is best for the job, whether it’s Vue.js, Angular, JS, Go, or PHP. Plus, with a wide variety of digital publishers, you’ll get experience working with a diverse set of web development technologies.
- Cloud Computing: Our stack is built primarily upon AWS (EC2, Dynamo, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.), along with other tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Apache Spark.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years or more of relevant software engineering work experience.
- More experienced engineers are encouraged. Compensation increases with experience.
- Experience with at least one of: Go / Swift / Java / Python / or PHP.
- Web application development experience is a plus.
- A drive to solve problems.
Life as an Ezoic engineer:
Ezoic is an inaugural member of the Google Certified Publishing Partner Program. This means we work closely with Google to help websites optimize their ad revenue. We actually have won awards directly from Google for the artificial intelligence that we’ve built. Cool, right?!?
Ezoic is a technology-first company. Our CEO is a developer by trade, and our engineers are given all the tools needed to succeed. We empower our engineers to make a lot of their own decisions about both design and implementation and encourage them to come up with new ideas to improve the application. We also aim to keep a good work-life balance, based on our philosophy that happy engineers are more productive. We accomplish this via flexible schedules and unlimited time off. We want you to be working on something that you are passionate about and allow engineers to move around to keep things fresh.
We have a new office in Carlsbad, CA, which is currently open to employees who wish to work in the office, and there are no covid requirements. We allow engineers to work from home regularly if they can be more productive there and are open to fully remote for the right candidates.
Every engineer works at their own quad-monitor set up on a standing desk. We pride ourselves on getting stuff done, but when you need a break, Ezoic offers great office perks, including catered lunches, snacks, flexible hours, ping pong, video games, and a pool table. Paired with our unlimited PTO policy, we encourage individual volunteerism and offer company-wide volunteer opportunities.
Ezoic also has a Mentor Program, and we match you with someone more senior than you to go to for technical advice and help set you up for success in your new role. Other benefits include a 401(K) matching plan, comprehensive health insurance, parental and maternity benefits, and stock options!
Ezoic is a global company committed to an inclusive environment, employing a diverse workforce representing the world we live in. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, or other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.