CALSTART is seeking a Contract Specialist for our Accounting and Finance team. This role will assist with a wide variety of procurement and contracting duties. In addition, the Contract Specialist will manage contract development through all lifecycle stages, ensure that insurance and legal requirements are met, and maintain internal processes and records. This work will directly impact how CALSTART engages contracts at the Federal, State, and regional levels. Join us. "We are changing transportation for good."
Additionally, the Contract Specialist will:
- Prepare, draft, and edit contracts, subcontracts, subrecipient agreements, consulting and service agreements, task orders, teaming agreements, amendments, MOUs, etc.
- Ensure that all legal, insurance, and other requirements are met before contract execution.
- Manage contracts in progress, obtaining risk assessments, reviewing procurement submissions, and approving contract invoices for payment.
- Prepare reports, recording documents, and maintaining the contract log and filing system.
- Review and analyze existing contracts to ensure compliance with terms and conditions
- Provide ongoing assistance to staff on contract development and compliance issues
- Compile necessary information for the contract process through collaboration with other team members, fact-finding actions, and meetings.
- Collaborate with program and finance staff to obtain relevant content required to write contracts, including preparing other applicable documentation and supporting materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future. We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
- Bachelor's degree in business, contract administration, procurement, or similar discipline, or equivalent years of work experience.
- 3+ years of related experience in government contracting and compliance or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office experience, specifically in MS Excel.
- In-depth knowledge of government contracting, FAR, and other regulations specific to government contracting.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract agreements, and legal terminology.
- A proactive, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong editing skills with the ability to analyze and synthesize written material.
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse team across numerous departments.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize various work assignments and resources.
- Ability to interpret financial data and review budgets.
- Detailed‐oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities, and tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Flexible, self‐directed, and responsible.
Salary and Benefits
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work when reporting in-person
- Employee wellness program and employee assistance program
- Committed to employee growth and development
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.