You are a creative through and through. You love learning about what inspires an audience, to create content that brings them joy and drives them to share and grow the community across any platform. You are comfortable both in front and behind the camera and are a stellar, versatile communicator (verbal and written). You pride yourself in being a flexible, born-executor with a creative mind and would describe yourself as enthusiastic and detail-oriented. You use intuition and data to understand the Sampler audience’s community and can communicate with empathy.
As Sampler’s Content Creator you will act as the face of Sampler with our audience, working with the Director of Audience to build a strong B2C brand for Sampler to build our community of product loving consumers across multiple social platforms. You will play a crucial role in the implementation of Sampler marketing decisions, since you will enable the implementation of an effective social media strategy by planning, creating and posting engaging content that best resonates with Sampler’s audience.
Working on the Audience team, you will help them execute their marketing strategy using social media through various marketing tools to distribute organic social media content, compile key metrics, and help develop regular reports to stakeholders. You will also monitor mentions of Sampler across social media platforms, responding to comments, and private messages to continue building our relationship with consumers.
Sampler is an award-winning digital product sampling platform that is a game-changer in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry (CPG). We’re partnered with some of the world’s top 100 CPG companies and are venture-backed by some of the best VCs investing in the disruptive retail innovations of tomorrow. Together, we’re building a platform that is making a difference in the way CPG brands connect with their consumers and have been featured on the Globe and Mail’s list of Top Growing Companies two years in a row. Sampler’s network includes millions of users who claim samples every day across our network that spans across 16 countries.
Sampler fosters an environment focused on inclusivity and diversity, in which our employees feel valued and heard. With a work culture where difference is valued, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, ethnic or place of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other ground protected under Ontario’s Human Rights Code, as may be amended.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who are engaging in Sampler’s recruitment & hiring process. We will consult with the individual making the request to ensure that the reasonable and appropriate accommodation is provided to meet their needs.
Your impact, three months into the role:
- You will have a strong understanding of Sampler’s brand, voice and visual identity.
- You will have a deep understanding of the objectives of Sampler’s Audience team and are starting to explore how we translate objectives into performance driven creative
- You will be ideating, creating and scheduling video, photo and graphic assets with compelling captions daily across TikTok, Instagram and other strategic platforms.
- You will be contributing a confident creative POV while working collaboratively with other social team members to deliver photography, design and video assets on time
- You will be in direct conversation with our audience responding to their questions across all social platforms
- You will co-lead regular brainstorming sessions with the Director of Audience for cross platform content, highlighting relevant current & emerging social trends with the ability to incorporate learnings in delivering on-brand images and video
- You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of all creative is maintained according to brand guideline and standards
Your impact, six months into the role:
- You will have started to AB test new versions of creative, experimenting with new strategies and creative approaches
- You will start working with our B2B team to elevate their brand look and assets on an as needed basis
- You’ll have taken ownership over regular brainstorm sessions with the Director of Audience for cross platform content, highlighting relevant current & emerging social trends with the ability to incorporate learnings in delivering on-brand images and video
- You will have started creating branded content for Sampler’s clients, finding opportunities to highlight samples in a way that marries the client’s brand guidelines with those of Sampler
- You will have started streamlining the content production process to suit your editorial calendar’s needs
- You will be well versed in social analytics giving you a deep understanding of the different communities in Sampler’s ecosystem and how to adjust messaging to each for optimal performance against your growth goals
- You will be familiar with Sampler’s website, and assist the Audience team in building out editorial content to add value to our audience
Your impact, one year into the role:
- You will have a deep understanding of the cross functional opportunities available to Sampler through Network Partnership from a sales and an audience growth perspective and will be able to independently take action on those opportunities, later reporting on their impact.
- You will have a good understanding of the goals of Sampler’s core clients to help add value to their programs through social content highlighting their brand to our audience
- You are uncovering new opportunities to grow and monetize our social channels and content
- You’ll be actively suggesting changes to Sampler’s editorial and social strategy with a focus on platform growth, including new platforms, new target audiences and new content
- You’ll be an actively consulting on Sampler’s Partnerships strategy, outlining what makes a great partner and identifying overarching client needs and opportunities
What will you bring to our team from day one?
- Experience in creating/concepting for social-first video, graphics and photography is preferred with a proven track record for success.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Affinity for current & emerging social trends with the ability to incorporate learnings in delivering on-brand images and video.
- Excellent creative and visual conceptualization, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute projects from rough concepts to the finished product across all channels
- A love for product testing or product discovery is an asset (think food, beauty and household)
- You consider yourself a strong copywriter and love brainstorming content ideas for organic and branded content
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- A curiosity to learn Sampler’s technology and all acquisition channels
- A passion for building and testing new marketing activations
- You’re extremely collaborative and team-oriented
- You’re excited about joining a high-growth team and eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
- A supportive culture that fosters inclusivity, self-empowerment and trust.
- A team-first environment that promotes collaboration, encourages creativity, and work-life harmony.
- A place where Sampler can become the cornerstone of your career.
- In response to the current pandemic, 100% of Sampler teammates are working-from-home today and we’re committed to continuing to offer a flexible work from home policy for those who prefer to continue working from home once it’s safe to return to an office.
- Training in a fully-remote environment is bound to be different but you won’t be alone. You will be on-boarded alongside other peers, through a streamlined training process that will enable you to quickly get a 360 degree view of our business.
- For those that want to switch up their work environment, we have access to a co-working space at University and Queen once a week
- Want a peak at the daily life of the #SamplerFam? Click here to see what we’ve been up to!
- Sampler also values the importance of work-life balance. That is why we offer our teammates flexible working hours, personal days, a generous vacation policy, and half day Fridays.
Our Benefits & Perks
- Group vision, dental and health benefits, including coverage of 10 practitioners like therapists and physiotherapists
- Access to telemedical, wellness and stress management programs
- Employee stock option plan
- Generous vacation policy and a flexible work schedule
- Half-day Fridays!!!
- Parental leave benefits
- Apple computer and monitor to make working from home or the office easy
- Learning and development opportunities
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway!