Life360’s mission is to keep people close to the ones they love. We help families protect the people, pets, and things they care about with our industry-leading mobile app and category-defining Tile tracking devices. Life360 has more than 58 million monthly active users (MAU) in more than 150 countries.
Bringing together our highly successful mobile app with innovative devices, we have the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families across free and paid plans. Key features include location sharing, lost item reimbursement, driver monitoring, 24/7 roadside assistance, and crash detection with emergency response. By continuing to innovate and deliver for our customers, we aim to become a household name and establish ourselves as the must-have mobile-based membership for families of all stages. Life360 has more than 500 (and growing!) remote-first employees.
Life360 is a Remote First company, which means a remote work environment will be the primary experience for all employees. All positions, unless otherwise specified, can be performed remotely (within the US) regardless of any specified location above.
About The Team
The Product Design team is the driving force behind the design vision, strategy, creation, and execution of extraordinary member experiences at Life360. We are a small, ambitious group of talented product designers that share an unwavering commitment to craftsmanship and delight in everything we create. At the heart of our mission is a deep-seated dedication to serving our members through the transformative power of design. Join us in shaping a future where design excellence is at the core of our mission to deliver exceptional experiences and create lasting connections with our members.
About the Job
We are actively seeking a skilled Sr. Product Designer to join the talented Life360 Product Design organization. This role calls for a pivotal contributor who will be instrumental in steering our Horizons team towards new levels of success. If you have a sharp sense of innovative design and a history of successful product initiatives, transforming intricate concepts into meaningful and captivating user experiences this role is for you. The ideal candidate will thrive in a remote environment, demonstrating exceptional communication and collaboration skills to effectively connect with both the team and stakeholders. Tasked with the alignment of design innovation and business objectives, the Sr. Product Designer will be key in shaping delightful and engaging experiences for our members, working in tandem with cross-functional teams to realize our ambitious goals.
The US-based salary range for this position is $160,000 to $193,000. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Design and Product leadership on design vision and strategy, crafting innovative solutions to enhance member driver related experiences
- Continually monitor and iterate on design strategies, aiming for optimal member experience and performance
- Foster a creative and innovative environment within the Horizons team, encouraging new ideas and approaches
- Collaborate with a diverse team to uncover member needs, behaviors, and opportunities, ensuring designs are rooted in user empathy and understanding, incorporating valuable insights and feedback
- Conduct A/B tests to evaluate the effectiveness of features or strategies, driving continuous improvement
- Conduct user research to guide design choices, ensuring they are rooted in member empathy and understanding
- Create detailed mockups and prototypes for new features or improvements
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of comprehensive native mobile product design experience (iOS, Android), with a focus on creating impactful user experiences and driving growth
- A Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- A captivating portfolio that showcases a breadth of design expertise, particularly in driving user engagement and growth
- Proficiency in contemporary design tools and technologies, coupled with an awareness of industry trends and challenges
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, capable of effectively articulating design visions and rationales to a diverse audience
- A resilient and adaptable mindset, thriving in a dynamic and collaborative remote work environment
- Leadership experience is considered a bonus, showcasing the ability to inspire and guide teams.
- A positive attitude is essential—we value healthy discussions and prioritize ideas over egos.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person - We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect - We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics - We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact - We do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic best selves to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.Even if you don’t meet 100% of the below qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying!