A better internet is possible, one that empowers people to choose how their personal information is used. This might seem daunting, or even impossible, but at Proton, building this better internet is what we do every day.
ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). Our first product, ProtonMail, is now the world’s largest encrypted email service. Subsequent Proton products, such as ProtonVPN, Proton Calendar, and Proton Drive, use end-to-end encryption that gives our users full control over how and with whom their data is shared.
Today, Proton is making privacy universally accessible to more than 50 million registered users, including journalists, some of the world’s largest organizations, and people in more than 180 countries. Our diverse and dynamic team is made up of more than 400 members representing over 30 different nationalities. While we are based in Geneva, Switzerland, we have offices in Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, Taipei, and many more employees working remotely around the world.
New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens use our products so they can choose who, if anyone, sees their information. Join us at one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies to help us solve challenging problems and build new products that will reach hundreds of millions of people. We want to create more than just one of the world’s most impactful tech companies, we want to create a new internet that serves the interests of all people. We need you, your voice, your ideas, and your ambition to make it happen.
Purpose of the role
As a member of the Testing Productivity team, you will design, implement, and improve our test ecosystem at Proton. You will build frameworks, tools, and test infrastructure that provide product teams with reliable and fast testing solutions that improve product quality and accelerate feedback loops. Your work will have a direct impact on our customer-facing apps for iOS, Android, web, and desktop clients, as well as our API and backend infrastructure.
What you will do
- Develop and grow the relationship between the Testing Productivity and Engineering teams, supporting engineers in testing their products efficiently
- Be accountable for the test infrastructure topics, in cooperation with the DevOps Team
- Work with our CI/CD environments to deploy and maintain reliable test infrastructure
- Debug and fix build and deployment issues
- Create consistent local and remote development and test environments
- Document and share your work so others, inside and outside the Testing Productivity Team, can solve problems and contribute effectively