At Proton, we envision an internet where privacy is the default, and we’re building ways to help all people secure their digital lives and take control of their data. ProtonMail was founded in 2014 by a group of scientists who met at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). And since its inception, the company has grown at a fast pace and today has over 40 million users.
Our principal product, ProtonMail, is the world’s largest secure email service. Our second product, ProtonVPN, is one of the world’s most popular VPN services. Our vision is to build an internet platform for the protection of digital rights, and we are also developing additional products, including ProtonCalendar, ProtonDrive, and more to come.
Our users include New York Times journalists, some of the world’s largest corporations, and millions of ordinary citizens. The world is adopting our products at an accelerating pace. Whether it’s in New York, or at the front lines of the global struggle for freedom and democracy in Hong Kong, Belarus, and Myanmar, the work we do saves lives and is transforming the world. Our team is diverse and dynamic, representing over 30 different nationalities, with offices in Geneva, Zurich, Prague, London, Vilnius, Skopje, and Taipei, employing people around the world.
Proton's Core team builds modules that are used by all Proton's products. Using shared components makes us more productive, improves the consistency between our products and sets us up to achieve our ambitious goals for the future.
As a team we tackle a lot of interesting technical problems related to synchronization, encryption and security of Proton apps. We collaborate closely with all Proton product teams. We strive to deliver the best possible developer experience for engineers on other teams working with the core modules.
Why you will love it:
- You’ll be challenged. You will not be working on a single app. You will be making sure the modules we build satisfy the requirements of a number of different applications.
- You will have an impact on all Proton's products.
- You will work in a company where developers are responsible for writing unit and UI tests.
- You will connect and be inspired by our mission to make privacy be the default on Internet.
- You will be part of a great team that works closely together, support each other and continuously learns and improves.
- You will have flexible working time ( focused on results not hours)
- You will have a lot of learning opportunities, both formal and informal training
As a senior test engineer you will:
- Ensure high quality of shared components build by the team and used by all Proton products.
- Help developers determine whether components are ready for integration and how they are integrated into client apps.
- Provide quality feedback on every stage of the software development life-cycle
- Work closely with the development team in order to continuously improve the quality of core modules.
- Ensure best testing practices are used in product development.
- Implement, maintain and enhance Android automated tests.
- Create, execute and maintain manual functional and non-functional tests.
- Develop test strategies.
- Prepare test data.
- Participate in feature specifications and wire-frames reviews.
- Advocate for continuous investments in software quality while ensuring prompt features delivery on behalf of our customers.