Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
The Communications team has the awesome responsibility of not only defining and positioning Hims & Hers in the public eye, but also being on the cutting edge of introducing the telehealth industry to an increasingly broad audience. We shape and share the Hims & Hers story. We develop strategies to build brand reputation, raise awareness, increase acceptance, build trust and loyalty, and drive adoption of our products and services. Our job is to find creative and compelling ways to educate, inform, and inspire the world of Hims & Hers, and telehealth holistically.
We’re a team of intellectually curious, creative storytellers and problem solvers. You love making the complex, simple and the abstract, resonate. You thrive working in the fast pace of a startup while being the steward of a public company that serves people’s health and well being. You can build from scratch, think big and start small, lead projects to align with business goals, contribute to cross-functional initiatives, and be a trusted partner to our legal, finance, product, medical, design, content and marketing teams.
The Consumer Communications team is responsible for driving and executing a world class communications strategy to help build brand reputation, increase brand awareness and create trust with our consumers.
- Proactively building and driving consumer communications strategies and initiatives that align to our brand, mission and values.
- Leveraging your industry expertise to deliver game changing storytelling for the company.
- Knowing what makes a great story and mining for those stories deep within the business.
- Understanding the competitive landscape in order to identify and own new communications strategies and use data to drive decision making.
- Understanding Hims & Hers business goals and translating them into effective consumer communications strategies, inclusive of developing plans, tactics, programs and reporting back to the function and business on impact.
- Cultivating impeccable consumer media and industry relationships, as well as internal relationships across the organization.
- Being a connector across the business with teams such as marketing, design and content in order to drive alignment and clarity.
- Developing communications launch strategies when appropriate for key products.
- Developing a range of communication materials including messaging, scripts, press materials and company presentations in partnership with stakeholders internally and externally to position the company and communicate our narrative.
- Regularly engage with media and key external stakeholders to inform, educate and protect the brand.
- Developing company spokespeople for media engagements.
- Staying current on news and informing key stakeholders of competitive intelligence and marketplace opportunities and challenges.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, financial and crisis communications with significant experience in fast-paced, consumer-facing, public companies
- Proven track record of building and advancing groundbreaking narratives, demonstrating strong business momentum
- Outstanding and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations as well reduce risk through effective preparation
- Experience executing media campaigns, building relationships with media and working with executives
- Deep track record working through complex, dynamic organizations
- Strong media relationships and able to work effectively with external agencies
- Deep knowledge of consumer media and a passion for following cultural trends
- Entrepreneurial and proactive thinker who is able to hit the ground running and manage up
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with the team and cross-functionally, promoting new ideas that have business impact
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities
- Strong news and strategy judgment and ability to execute quickly
- Self-motivated, fast learner, and strategic thinker; able to achieve high impact in a fast-paced or ambiguous environment
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address.