Position - Full Time
Industry – Fintech (Startup)
Business Type – Digital Lending & Payments Platform
Function – Credit
Education – Bachelor’s Degree
Experience – 2+ years
Location – New York, New York
SellersFunding is hiring a Credit Analyst in New York, New York, on a full-time basis reporting to the Vice President of Credit. The primary responsibilities include conducting credit analysis of businesses selling on Marketplace- and e-Commerce platforms; owning the underwriting process; supporting the Sales Team in preparing credit proposals; supporting the Customer Success Team with credit renewals; and supporting the Credit & Collections Manager in managing delinquent accounts.
· Responsible to support the origination- and underwriting processes for both loans and revenue-based cash advances in accordance with SellersFunding Credit Policies & Operating Procedures.
· Complete a thorough, in-depth analysis of new credit requests, credit change requests, renewals and annual relationship reviews. Recommend risk rating changes when analysis merits.
· Contribute and participate in the efforts of enhancing Sales Pipeline Management – ensuring for speedy time-to-market delivery of products and services.
· Deliver meaningful, detailed credit analyses while providing efficient, timely service to the Sales Team, the Customer Success Team and Operations.
· Collaborate closely with Sales, Customer Success and Operations in the preparation of spreadsheets, reports, summaries and opinions pertinent on new, renewal and existing financing products.
· Provide recommendations for approval, credit amounts or declines of client applications.
· Handle application rejections in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
· Ensure that all credit files are complete, identify any documentation deficiencies, and report to Operations as needed for timely resolutions.
· Report to Operations findings that may have an adverse effect on borrower’s ability to repay a loan or seller’s ability to repay its obligations related to receivables sold to us.
· Maintain a good working knowledge of Company’s Credit Policies & Operating Procedures, AML/KYC Policy, Information Security Policies and Code of Ethics & Business Conduct Policy.
· Review loan and cash advance files as needed to ensure quality, consistency and compliance with lending guidelines and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (when applicable).
· When needed, co-research regulatory matters pertinent to lending activities to small businesses – including online marketplace lending – in close collaboration with the Head of Operations and Chief Compliance Officer.
· Provide input to IT developers to improve/customize loan servicing modules in close collaboration with the Operations Engineer.
· Assist and contribute to product development and implementation processes (when needed).
· Contribute to and Assist with the preparations of the Quarterly Credit Committee and/ or Credit Committee Task Group.
· Provide ad hoc operational support (when needed).
· Provide ad hoc project management support
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
· Minimum 2-year Financial- or Credit Analyst experience preferred.
· Excellent attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
· Good understanding of major asset classes and credit products.
· Experience with various computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Outlook, Computer/Internet savvy.
· Communicate effectively, written and verbal.
· Curiosity, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and ability to multi-task.
· Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills to actively implement ideas in a startup environment.
A fast-paced job in a co-work setting – requiring the flexibility to interact with the Company’s different teams either locally, remotely or virtually.
SellersFunding is committed to the well-being of our employees. Some of our benefits include:
· Competitive salary with opportunity for growth
· Ongoing training and development
· Generous PTO Policy, including 11 paid holidays
· Health benefits (medical, dental, vision) with employer contribution
· Teladoc virtual health visits
· Long-term and Short-term disability
· Life Insurance
SellersFunding is a startup business – founded by a group of successful serial entrepreneurs and financial services experts that are seeking to make a difference in the new economy.
Our Value Proposition is to provide online merchants an easy way to access working capital and payments solutions across multiple e-Commerce platforms and geographies. Visit us @ www.sellersfunding.com.
SellersFunding Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons. SellersFunding will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job
titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, covered veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Note that SellersFunding does participate in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Notice to New York Applicants:
The pay range for this position in New York is $ 65K-86K per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per New York’s Pay Transparency Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via SellersFunding’s career site.