LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN) is the global leader in enterprise conversations. Hundreds of the world’s leading brands — including HSBC, Chipotle, and Virgin Media — use our award-winning Conversational Cloud platform to connect with millions of consumers. We power nearly a billion conversational interactions every month, providing a uniquely rich data set and safety tools to unlock the power of Conversational AI for better customer experiences.
At LivePerson, we foster an inclusive workplace culture that encourages meaningful connection, collaboration, and innovation. Everyone is invited to ask questions, actively seek new ways to achieve success, nd reach their full potential. We are continually looking for ways to improve our products and make things better. This means spotting opportunities, solving ambiguities, and seeking effective solutions to the problems our customers care about.
Over the next three years, our goal is to transform the 268 billion analogue phone calls between a brand and it’s consumers to digital on the LiveEngage platform. By doing this, we enable consumers to get back time and experience a more connected relationship with the brand in which sales, service, marketing, branches, stores, and contact center's become a unified experience.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organization.
- Own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications
- Coordinate with engineers to integrate backend api
- Work closely with UX teams and Product Management to define and build the optimal user experience for our customers
- Develop technical specifications, documentation, and assistance tools
- Keep an eye on industry standards and best practices
- Support customers
- Deep knowledge and understanding of client-side architecture and experience in building large scale and high performance web applications
- Proficient in understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Experience building data visualization using libraries such as d3.js
- Experience using build tools such as Webpack, Gulp or Grunt.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of scalability design principles
- Understanding principles of design and knowledge of user experience and accessibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong motivation and execution capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks such as Jasmine and Karma is a plus
- Knowledge of Node.js is a plus
What You Need For Success
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience building successful web applications in production
- Health: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Time away: Vacation and holidays
- Development: Generous tuition reimbursement and access to internal professional development resources.
- Equal opportunity employer
Why You’ll Love Working Here
As leaders in enterprise customer conversations, we celebrate diversity, empowering our team to forge impactful conversations globally. LivePerson is a place where uniqueness is embraced, growth is constant, and everyone is empowered to create their own success. And, we're very proud to have earned recognition from Fast Company, Newsweek, and BuiltIn for being a top innovative, beloved, and remote-friendly workplace.
Belonging At LivePerson
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.