OurFamilyWizard is a technology company on a mission to help families thrive across all of life’s circumstances. We bring together two leading family management brands: OurFamilyWizard, the world’s most trusted co-parenting application, and Cozi, the #1 family organizing app.
Cozi is the leading family calendar and organizing app, helping millions of families manage busy family life and receiving over 250,000 5-star ratings. OurFamilyWizard is a SaaS technology platform that enables families to co-parent seamlessly across households. Nearly one million parents and family law practitioners have leveraged OurFamilyWizard to coordinate schedules, record documentation, exchange digital payments, and settle disputes. Together, the platforms provide a holistic set of solutions for all types of families.
We recently received a private investment round from Spectrum Equity, putting Cozi and OurFamilyWizard in the same neighborhood as Grubhub, Ancestry.com, Headspace, and others. We are looking for passionate team members to join us in accelerating our growth to the next level by reaching the millions of families who can benefit from our technology solutions.
What you will be Doing
OurFamilyWizard has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello.
- Low ego, high integrity
- 7+ years of web development experience
- Significant experience in React and Typescript
- Experience interacting with web APIs (REST, JSON-RPC)
- Experience evangelizing best practices in frontend architecture
- Strong analytic, teamwork, and collaboration skills to lead discussions and help the team reach consensus
- Flexibility to take on a wide range of tasks to fill in any gaps that exist to make a product successful
- Strong analytic experience and a bias for data-driven decision making
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skill sets
- Proven experience delivering software applications/features from inception to shipping within a cross-functional team environment.
- A strong desire to find the best answer for our customers and our business vs. be “right."
Great to haves:
- Experience with Material-UI
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with Flexbox
- Familiarity with UI design tools (Sketch, Adobe Create Suite, Affinity)
- Familiarity with design and development collaboration tools (inVision, Zeplin, etc.)
- Experience with iterative, agile based software delivery processes
- Experience in legal technology or legal profession in some way
Great Mission. Creating a safe and productive environment for families to co-exist is extremely important for us; we’ve been doing it for 19 years and are deeply motivated by adding value to the lives of parents, children, and practitioners.
Growing Team. While we’ve been around for a while, we continue to evolve and innovate. That’s what keeps us going! You’ll have an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to our engineering organization as we hit our second stride.
Amazing Culture. OurFamilyWizard has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Here’s a list of our key benefits:
- Full Medical: OFW pays 100% of the premium for employee AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 4% match with immediate vesting
- 12 weeks paid leave for all new parents
- Learning & Development stipend for employees
- Supportive and flexible working environment
Come as you are!
Our Family Wizard provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.