At Schaefer Advertising Co., our goal is to make life better for our clients, our team, our community and each of us individually. Our culture impacts every area of the agency and is rooted within every employee from the top down. Across each discipline, every person at the agency is encouraged to be their best selves, even the agency dog. That is why Schaefer Ad Co. is more than just one person, or a name on a building, or even just a place where people come to work. It is a place that fosters community, where diversity is celebrated", and out-of-the-box ideas are encouraged.
Within these four walls is an environment that demands self and team growth via exposure to new things. This mindset is what drives our agency to be an empowering place to work that always strives to maintain a fun, engaging, inclusive and collaborative environment. And don’t just take our word for it; listen to MM&M or Fort Worth Magazine who named us “Best Place to Work” in 2020. The result of this type of environment is a place that every employee is proud to call home. Because at Schaefer Ad Co. we are more than just merely coworkers, we are a family – and not the type that is simply united by blood or forced to spend the holidays together, but a group of people who genuinely trust, care about, and look out for each other. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive working environment.
You are full of ideas and your job is one of the ways you breathe life into them. You have a way of looking at challenges and seeing unique, viable solutions. You have proven your ability as an Art Director to take an idea from conception to execution and you thrive on producing exceptional work within project parameters.
You will work collaboratively to deliver creative solutions in print, digital and broadcast for our healthcare clients. So, you must have a demonstrated understanding of producing quality work that drives action.
Working closely with the account service team as well as the creative team of art directors, designers, writers and third-party vendors when needed, you will be asked to contribute strategically sound, creative ideas that deliver the high level of quality for which our agency is known.
It’s important you continually seek a deeper understanding of the target audience’s journey and the role content plays in helping motivate people from awareness to action – from concept to conversion. You must be a relentless learner of our clients business as well as their craft.
Schaefer is a fast-paced environment, requiring the ability to be nimble and quickly transition between clients and projects. It’s vital you are curious by nature and are deeply self-motivated to gain knowledge about our clients’ business beyond the creative brief.
We need a creative, team-player that enjoys the challenge of problem solving, strives to make things better and has fun doing it. You need to be driven and able to self-initiate projects and not afraid to dress up with us for Halloween.
- BFA or 4-year graphic design degree required
- 4+ years of experience within an advertising agency
- Ability to translate creative into digital platforms
- Direct experience working with healthcare brands - specifically pharmaceutical and medical device brands
- Managing other creative staff directly reporting to you
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Work in partnership with copywriters, designers, digital strategists and account service to create innovative ideas that answer the client's brief
• Use your research, knowledge and insight to craft ideas that engage the audiences for which the communication is targeted
• Develop concepts to meet the goals of the client and present these both internally and externally until a preferred route is selected.
• Direct the execution of the creative work, supervising the work of creative partners such as voiceover artists and filmmakers to realize the creative vision for the project
• Work with cross-functional agency teams to ensure that work is produced on time and that all delivery deadlines are met
• Lead internal and client presentations, speaking to the problem and solution while successfully managing objections
• Seek to identify and advance creative opportunities to grow client and agency business
• Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
• Strong art direction experience gained from healthcare clients
• Proven track record with layout and design that drives engagement
• The ability to communicate ideas at a conceptual level
• The ability to collaborate closely and productively with team members across the agency, specifically, the ability to partner with copywriters to develop concepts
• A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
• Excellent communication skills
• High attention to detail and organization
This position has the opportunity to be fully remote with travel as needed or work onsite at our Fort Worth office, all or the majority of the the time.
SCHAEFER ADVERTISING TALENT PHILOSOPHY
Every job in the world comes with a certain set of expectations. But at Schaefer, we set the bar unapologetically high. Exceeding expectations is a great place to start. Every job matters, and whether it's behind the scenes or in front of our clients, performing each task with excellence is what sets us apart.
Every Schaefer employee is responsible for positively contributing to the length and breadth of our culture. We have a responsibility to each other and to our clients, so we will be our best, healthiest selves. That doesn't mean we're all the same; we're a diverse collection of personalities, preferences, tastes and talents. We will be patient. We will be kind. We will be respectful and compassionate. We will put others first. We will always tackle conflict with respect.
Good work is expected. Great work is rewarded. We all play a role in advancing this company forward, and each person’s path will be clearly defined based on their responsibilities, performance, capacity to grow and drive to learn. We invest and reward employees who consistently demonstrate a drive for company and personal growth.
We will provide a clear path for all employees through training and experiences to develop the skills and characteristics needed for advancement. We value transparency in the form of open and honest dialogue across every position in the company. We want to understand your career aspirations – and we will be transparent with you as that relates to your opportunity for growth and advancement.
No one's perfect. And no one's an island. If we're going to meet our high standards and lofty goals for growth and achievement, we all need accountability. To us, this isn't a looking down but a coming alongside of one another as we all pursue excellence. You have a responsibility to yourself and to the agency to do what you say you are going to do, when you said you were going to do it. And help hold others accountable to doing the same.