Full-time • Temporary through Dec 1st, 2024 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Start Date April 1st, 2024 - End Date Dec 1st, 2024
Application deadline: March 4th by COB
MoveOn is a people-powered force for progress. We wield independent political power by bringing millions together to take action to create a country with a place of honor and dignity for everyone—where all are welcome, we take care of one another, and where everyone is set up to thrive.
For more than a generation, MoveOn has been a bulwark against the radical right and has channeled millions of voices to end wars, protect democracy, and advance justice for all. We've built political power for progressive change through mobilizing the left to Democrats so that we can advance our vision of an America for all.
MoveOn is the largest multi-issue digital first political campaigning organization in the country. We drive rapid-response campaigns at scale on a multitude of key issues at high-impact moments while building sustainable campaigns that resonate and grow over time. Whether its democracy, health care, foreign policy, economic justice, immigration or otherwise, MoveOn provides our members with timely ways to take action for change.
The stakes of the 2024 election couldn’t be higher. Our goal in 2024 is to re-elect President Biden and VP Harris, protect the Senate, and secure a Democratic majority in the House. To do this, we’ve identified a subset of voters who can deliver a margin of victory in key states and districts across the country with a voter contact plan that aims to reach individual voters 3 or more times before Election Day with a combination of handwritten postcards, phone calls, and door to door outreach.
With millions of members nationwide and a 25-year track record of winning electoral and progressive issue campaigns, MoveOn is uniquely positioned to persuade and turnout surge voters to the polls in November.
Unlike most traditional campaigns, we’re not running a paid canvass. We’re building a small but nimble team of organizers who will support hundreds of volunteers across the country to write dozens of thousands of postcards, knock on hundreds of thousands of doors, and make millions of calls to voters in a scaled, distributed organizing program leveraging traditional and relational organizing to swing the election.
- Manage merch distribution for hundreds of volunteers, including commissioning various merch designs (t-shirts, buttons, signs, etc.), placing orders, and managing distribution logistics with vendor.
- Develop, set up, and manage a safety reporting system of volunteers, which may include a hotline.
- Act as the first point of contact for distributed volunteers for all safety and logistical needs, escalating cases to the appropriate staff or teams as needed.
- Anticipate other logistical needs or opportunities and devise and deploy strategies to meet them, such as managing logistics for flagship events, processing volunteer reimbursements or stipend requests, etc.
- Manage the volunteer incentive program, building systems for tracking and monitoring scoring, communicating with volunteers when they become eligible for prizes, ordering and shipping.
- Coordinate effectively with members of the Field Team, Operations Team and other teams, and follow protocol for approvals and other internal systems.
- Support with logistics for “barnstorm” organizing events throughout target states as needed, which could include venue selection, contracts, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum one year or cycle experience with event advance, operations, and/or logistics, preferably in a campaign setting.
- Excellent personal organization and time management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow through.
- Go getter attitude – self motivated, self accountable, and nimble; can problem solve and adapt quickly and proactively.
- Volunteer or paid experience in grassroots organizing or supporting volunteers a plus.
- Experience with vendors including searching for, negotiating with, and working with vendors on projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to and prioritization of racial and social justice and experience working effectively with different constituencies.
- Demonstrated professionalism with colleagues, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills—including ability to engage effectively with MoveOn staff, stakeholders, and external audiences.
- Ability to learn various MoveOn systems for data tracking system, email, mobile, volunteer recruitment and fundraising.
Skills, Characteristics, and Values:
- Self-motivated and driven
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to racial equity and diversity in leadership
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Able to work flexible hours which might include weekends and long hours at times. Able to maintain work-life balance during a busy election sprint which includes flexible daytime schedules when evening work is required.
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States. May require occasional travel.
Reports to:Events & Mobilizations Director
Salary and Benefits:At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The annual salary for this position is $82,520.90. In addition to the base salary, we offer a monthly home office subsidy. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 annually and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits, which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work;paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays (annually). We also offer a $1000 in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.