The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for elaborating, refining, compiling, and recording business requirements for a software development product line. The Sr. Business Analyst will intake requirements provided by the business customer and then organize, refine, and baseline the requirements in the IT requirements management tool. This candidate will also participate in ongoing defect management elicitation and elaboration meetings and provide strategic advice and oversight to business and IT stakeholders on best practices for capturing clear, complete, and testable defects.
Location(s):Virginia, Maryland Washington, DC; US. Candidates from HUBZones preferred. Occasional travel may be required for working sessions once COVID travel restrictions are lifted.
Employment Eligibility: Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without requiring sponsorship. Sponsorship is not available currently.
- Lead the intake, organization, refinement, and management of business requirements for a product line.
- Collaborate with PMO Product Line teams, third-party software development vendors, stakeholders, and business customers to manage the collection and input of defect and requirements tasks into Jira and Confluence.
- Develop and deliver training materials and training sessions to educate stakeholders on Jira tools.
- Collaborate with customers, end-users, developers, and project managers to analyze, design, implement, and support business requirements elicitation.
- Contribute to the gathering, elicitation, definition, elaboration, and refinement of functional and technical business requirements for IT applications and systems.
- Participate in requirements gathering, elaboration, and refinement sessions with product stakeholders.
- Intake, upload, track, and manage business requirements and user stories in requirements management and configuration management tools.
- Validate that requirements are reviewed for quality assurance as they are implemented in each software release, including requirements approval, traceability, and proper updates of attributes in the requirements. management tool.
- Analyze existing business processes, business requirements, and workflows to document “as is” processes and proposed “to be” solutions to guide requirements development efforts.
- Perform problem analysis and analyze, validate, specify, and verify requirements defined by project leads to include customers and end users.
- Develop and maintain requirements traceability linking epics to sub epics to user stories and test and development work.
- Develop queries in requirements management tools to produce ad hoc and recurring reports.
- Support tracking and reporting of software defects.
- Develop, create, review, maintain, and update application-related documentation and support the preparation of training material in a relevant, accurate, and user-friendly manner.
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements, perform gap analysis, and recommend solutions based on research, facilitate change and configuration management.
- Conduct thorough research activity to ensure that functional and competitive requirements are met and that the developed application is as per the requirements.
- Facilitate executive-level virtual meetings; prepare meeting agenda, capture meeting minutes, and track outcomes and action items.
- Work proactively and independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions. given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Plan, monitor, and control relevant tasks outlined in the contract and statement of work.
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio.
- Experience in requirements planning, analysis, refinement, and documentation.
- Direct experience working with a requirements management tool (e.g. Jira, GitHub, etc.)
- Experience working as a Federal employee or contract.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience working as a contractor or an employee for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Hands-on experience setting up Jira projects, columns, and setting up filters.
- Project management experience optimizing business and project-level process flows.
- Experience in leading a team and driving results to meet the requirements and expectations of clients.
- Experience working in a consulting environment and understanding of client/customer relations.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems, particularly within excellent industry knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requirements management tool experience (e.g. Jira, GitHub, etc.).
- Experience using JQL to search setup queries in Jira to assist in the collection and management of requirements and associated defects.
- Ability to work productively and conduct professional business in a fully remote work environment
- Ability to be available during normal business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST).
- Ability to effectively communicate, including talking and hearing.
- Required to travel at personal expense to nearest VA facility to get fingerprinted and obtain a PIV badge.
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Cost Accounting, or related scientific or technical discipline and 5 years ofexperience OR 13 years of relatedexperienceinlieuof education.
Certifications:SAFe or comparable Agile or requirements management certification
Clearance:Moderate Risk Background Investigation
VetCentric is focused on delivering outstanding services to the federal government. We have extensive experience in the fields of cyber security, supply chain & logistics management, strategy, business analytics, and IT services such as system design, continuous improvement, virtualization, and data center management. VetCentric is an SBA certified HUBZone company and VA CVE certified Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We operate in 15 states with offices in Washington DC and Northern Virginia.
Company Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- 15 days of leave and 11 days of paid Federal Holidays
- 401(k) with a matching plan
- Annual training budget
- Fantastic company culture
“E-Verify Employer, EOE Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities; VetCentric partners will offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.”