At movingimage, video is what drives us. We are a global leader in delivering secure enterprise video solutions. Simply put, we want to revolutionize the way in which companies use video. Our cloud-based solution is a centralized platform that enables companies to efficiently manage and stream all their video assets for customers, partners, and employees in the best possible quality on any device.
We move videos. Together with you, we will move even more.
As a PHP Developer, you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Be an important part of our multinational agile software development team
- Implement high-quality and scalable video asset management and video streaming solutions for enterprise customers
- Write clean, reusable and testable code with page performance in mind
- Continuously update and expand the existing products
- Experience how the principles of the Agile Methodology are implemented and lived within the whole organization
- Responsibility for the implementation and development of a DevOps culture within the team
To thrive in the role,you will need:
- Strong experience building and delivering different architectural styles
- Strong knowledge and understanding of PHP >7.2
- Knowledge and experience with Symfony (Symfony >4, Doctrine)
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful web services and in building high traffic web applications
- Knowledge of MySQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Strong knowledge in a few or all of the following technologies/platforms is a big plus: Wowza Streaming Engine, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, helm
- Hands-on experience developing asynchronous messaging integrations preferably using RabbitMQ
Why you will love working with us:
Culture:We work agile, focusing on cross-team collaboration based on trust and transparency. You are free to introduce your own ideas and make an impact in our diverse and international teams.
Learning & Growth:We support continuous learning through regular 1:1s, feedback conversations, German and English classes and the chance to take part in conferences and trainings.
Balance your Life:We offer flexible working hours adjusted to your schedule. On the top of that, we offer a package of 30 paid vacation days.
Remote-friendly:We have well structured and flexible processes so that we can work from home effectively and enjoy doing it! Hybrid work is the new way of work for us: we combine remote work with some office time to make sure you feel connected & enjoy your freedom at the same time.
Compensation & Benefits:Excellent people deserve great working conditions. We conduct benchmark analyses and run salary cycles regularly to ensure that we pay salaries above the market average. We also offer you a company pension (bAV), which we support with 20%, and subsidize your public transport ticket and Urban Sports Club membership.
Relocation Support:If you are not located in Germany yet, we are happy to support your move with a relocation package to make it as smooth as possible. Besides the package, we also offer administrative support to help with your VISA process etc
This is a 3-month long contract with a possibility to extend!