Invoca is the industry leader and innovator in AI and machine learning-powered Conversation Intelligence. With over 400 employees, 2,000+ customers, and $100M in revenue, there are tremendous opportunities to continue growing the business. We are building a world-class SaaS company and have raised over $184M from leading venture capitalists including Upfront Ventures, Accel, Silver Lake Waterman, H.I.G. Growth Partners, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the Role:
Do you have a knack for making things interesting and informative at the same time? Can you explain complicated concepts in ways everyone can understand? Are you a clear and concise writer who loves to collaborate with others while working autonomously?
If so, we’d love to chat with you about joining our small but mighty Product Operations team. Invoca is seeking a talented Technical Writer to create and publish internal and customer-facing product documentation for our multiple products. You’ll be responsible for understanding the technical nitty-gritty so that folks who need to troubleshoot our products will have all the information at their fingertips.
The ideal candidate will be focused on delivering customer value through fostering technical understanding of our products, ensuring industry best practices for style and delivery types across our existing product documentation (we’re open to your ideas!), collaborating with stakeholders, prioritizing documentation requests, refining the documentation backlog, helping establish documentation needs at each stage of the product release process, and applying your learnings to continually improve the delivery process of the technical documentation.
This position will report to the Head of Product Operations and have a substantial impact on the organization in shaping Invoca’s knowledge base and product delivery process.
- Create and publish internal and customer-facing documentation to support product adoption and customer success. This includes: product how-tos, best practices, FAQs, technical enablement documentation, and more.
- Work closely with the Product Management team to track upcoming product releases and publish supporting documentation.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to prioritize and fill gaps in existing documentation.
- Partner with the Customer Education team to ensure both “expected path” and “technical troubleshooting” documentation is covered.
- Work with the Head of Product Operations and stakeholders across the company to ensure documentation needs are clearly defined at all stages of the product release process.
- Manage the Jira project of documentation requests across Slack and Productboard inputs. There’s room for workflow improvement & would love for someone to bring their own ideas!
- Manage the Invoca Knowledge Base product taxonomy - curate and revise existing documentation along with organizing new entries.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Nice to have: Consolidate monthly product release notes and publish to stakeholders.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently in a fully remote environment, including clear communication with stakeholders and management.
- Strong technical aptitude, product common sense, and curiosity combined with a genuine love for products, people, and writing.
- Nice to have: Experience with managing an overall documentation framework, including a style guide and template layouts that can be leveraged by colleagues.
- Nice to have: Understanding of how integrations, webhooks, and APIs all work.
- Nice to have: Ability to read a coding language.
- Nice to have: Experience with Khoros, Jira, or other posting, community management and ticketing systems.
Salary, Benefits & Perks:
Teammates begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of employment. Offerings include:
- Paid Time Off -Invoca encourages a work-life balance for our employees. We have an outstanding PTO policy starting at 20 days off for all full-time employees. We also offer 15 paid holidays, 10 days of Compassionate Leave, days of volunteer time, and more.
- Healthcare -Invoca offers a healthcare program that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. There are multiple plan options to choose from. You can make the best choice for yourself, your partner, and your family.
- Retirement - Invoca offers a 401(k) plan through Fidelity with a company match of up to 4%.
- Stock options - All employees are invited to ownership in Invoca through stock options.
- Employee Assistance Program -Invoca offers well-being support on issues ranging from personal matters to everyday-life topics through the WorkLifeMatters program.
- Paid Family Leave -Invoca offers up to 6 weeks of 100% paid leave for baby bonding, adoption, and caring for family members.
- Paid Medical Leave - Invoca offers up to 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for childbirth and medical needs.
- Sabbatical -We thank our long-term team members with an additional week of PTO and a bonus after 7 years of service.
- Wellness Subsidy - Invoca provides a wellness subsidy applicable to a gym membership, fitness classes, and more.
- Position Base Range -$68,000 to $92,0000 Salary Range / plus bonus potential
- Please note, per Invoca's Covid-19 policy, depending on your vaccine verification status, you may be required to work only from home / remotely. At this time, travel and in-person meetings will require verification. This policy is regularly reviewed and subject to change at any time.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.