Blueprint is looking for a creative thinker and storyteller with excellent writing, editing, and research skills to help us elevate our marketing efforts as our copywriter. This will be a part-time position through November/December and turning into a full-time hire in January 2023.
As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write, edit, and optimize copy for a variety of projects (including web, video, and email) in medical education. You’ll work closely with marketing managers and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging that is educational, attention-grabbing and well represents our products for medical students, physicians, nurse practitioners, and PAs. For some assignments, research and interviews will be necessary to understand our target audience’s needs and wants.
Our ideal candidate is team-spirited, a skilled wordsmith and a creative writer with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and deliver high-quality insight-driven results, we’d like to meet you.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborating with the marketing team to brainstorm and develop a variety of marketing materials and campaigns for medical school students, doctors, nurse practitioners, and PAs.
- Interpreting creative briefs and direction and turning it into persuasive copy for emails, ads, landing pages, video scripts, blog posts, and other marketing materials.
- Research and understand target audiences through first person research, online searches, reviews of existing research/interviews, and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Writing copy for a variety of media including email, print, video, and web, ensuring voice and tone consistency across all communication touchpoints.
- Copyediting blog posts and lead magnets written by tutors and practicing medical professionals to maintain brand tone and voice guidelines.
- Optimizing existing content (including blog posts and lead magnets) to better educate learners about the Blueprint resources available to them along their journey as a physician, nurse practitioner, or PA.
- Writing clear and error-free content that reflects the company’s tone and voice, connects with our customers and drives business growth.
- Working with an SEO agency to understand and implement SEO principles that maximizes copy’s reach, including optimizing existing content to increase search rankings.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Comfortable working independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Experience writing copy for website, landing pages, emails, advertisements, and video scripts
- Experience researching and writing white papers and other downloadable lead generation content
- Proven ability to translate brand’s voice in copy output
- Strong attention to detail and clear and effective written, verbal communication skills
- Ideally has experience writing pithy, fun copy for social media posts (but not required)
- Ideally has experience in the NP/PA space
Life at Blueprint
Hi, we’re Blueprint. We live at the intersection of education and technology. We use cutting edge technology and powerful data to create personalized and innovative learning experiences. Our team is passionate about education and its ability to improve lives. Our learners hold us to a high standard, and we do the same with each other. We thrive on change, we are relentless about improvement, we practice trust-based vulnerability, and we are committed to a culture of freedom and responsibility. We get a lot done, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
More details on life at Blueprint:
- Meaning. Do meaningful work that has a positive impact on society.
- Influence. Good ideas win and we value contributions from everyone.
- Innovation. It’s central to who we are and everything we do.
- Growth. We are always learning and you will sharpen your skill set.
- Performance. We set aspirational goals and make them happen.
- Low ego. High energy. That’s our recipe for success.
- Autonomy. Our team thrives with freedom and responsibility.
- Flexibility. We trust our people to do great work without unnecessary rules.
- Remote first. And not going back.
- Competitive pay at a fast-growing company
- Remote-first work environment allowing for flexibility
- Continual learning and mentoring opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
At Blueprint we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.