Hey! We’re the HOTH.
No, it’s not a Star Wars reference but points for noticing. It stands for Hittem’ Over the Head – in other words, to bludgeon with awesomeness.
It can be used as a noun (as in our product, or brand), or as a verb (to HOTH someone or HOTH something). And it’s how our clients refer to one of the world’s top SEM companies.
We’re looking for freelance writers for our HOTH Infographics product who want to gain real-world experience writing exciting content for our clients across all sorts of industries.
Infographics are data-driven visualizations of a story or argument. As a Freelance Writer for the Infographics team, you will create research-focused written content that hooks in readers and communicates a message with a clear, compelling narrative.
One of the biggest benefits of this position is the ability to do this from anywhere, anytime. Another big benefit? We work with all kinds of customer niches! From travel agents and online paint retailers to skincare professionals and snack foods, there’s a wide variety of writing to be done!
This is a great place to work, and you’ll also get the benefit of working with great freelance team members and awesome in-house staff. We boast a stellar retention rate, and people truly love working with us.
Please note that this is a freelance 1099 position, and while it does not qualify for our formal in-office perks and benefits, it comes with incredible flexibility and an awesome culture.
Are you business savvy? Do you live and breathe writing engaging and conversion-focused content? Do you enjoy synthesizing broad topics into easy-to-understand sharp content?
If so, we’d like to chat with you!
You’ll be writing Infographic Content for 300, 500, 700, and 1000 word pieces dedicated to whatever our customers’ needs are.
The topics will vary widely so we need flexible people! But don't worry--we'll give you the resources you need to be successful.
You are required to complete 3 Infographic orders per week when Quota is turned on. We will only turn on quota if there is a high volume of orders in the queue that are causing production delays. When Quota is turned off, you can complete as few or as many Infographic orders per week as you like!
Why We’re Awesome to Work With:
- You’ll fill your portfolio with a variety of Infographic writing samples
- We have high-quality standards, which means awesome training – you’ll learn a ton!
- Work from wherever you want (as long as we can reach you)
- There is plenty of work to go around, and no cap on what you can write
- No need to hustle for clients, chase payments, or pitch with no promise of pay
- A variety of interesting niches are always available
- Quick, consistent pay
Here is the pay breakdown for this role:
300 words = $12
500 words = $20
700 words = $28
1000 words = $40
We pay our writers via PayPal every Monday.
Why We Want to Work With You:
- You have excellent English language abilities as well as an innate understanding of US writing conventions.
- You love to write sharp and engaging content.
- You have impeccable grammar and excellent writing skills.
- You have experience working under tight deadlines.
- You can clearly communicate a topic in a concise, easy-to-understand, and exciting way!
- You understand that great Infographic content is direct, informative, and follows a clear narrative arc.
- You treat feedback as an opportunity to improve and work harder.
- You have a fun sense of humor and a team-oriented mindset.
What Our Writers Have to Say About Working at The HOTH:
“Writing for the HOTH allows me the daily flexibility I need, while also offering me the unlimited potential for success. I can write when I want and where I want, and I’ve learned SO much along the way. I’ve sharpened my writing skills, improved my critical thinking, and strengthened my researching abilities. Oh, and the team is awesome to work with, always providing guidance, encouragement, and motivation when I need it the most!”
“Writing for the HOTH has been a pure pleasure so far. I’m learning so much about a variety of topics, having fun, and earning at the same time. The quality control team is friendly and helpful, as is the product manager. As a freelancer, it’s great to know there’s plenty of work to be done and that I will enjoy it, and get paid."
"The HOTH consistently pays every week– and, as someone who has had to chase down overdue payments in the past, that goes a long way! I love everything about writing for the HOTH and look forward to a long-term relationship with the company.”
Infographic writing experience is strongly encouraged but not required for consideration.
Please submit two writing samples with your application. Infographic writing samples are preferred, but we will accept other samples that showcase the following writing skills:
- Ability to write concisely
- Ability to communicate a topic clearly and directly
- Ability to thoroughly research a topic and provide reliable sources of information
- Ability to follow a narrative arc or timeline
- Ability to create written content that is sharp, engaging and compelling
Those who do not include two viable writing samples will not be considered.
*The HOTH does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.