Benefitfocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: BNFT) is a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software solutions for consumers, employers, insurance carriers and brokers. Benefitfocus has served numerous consumers on its platform that consists of an integrated portfolio of products and services enabling clients to more efficiently shop, enroll, manage and exchange benefits information. With a user-friendly interface and consumer-centric design, the Benefitfocus Platform provides one place for consumers to access all their benefits. Benefitfocus solutions support the administration of all types of benefits including core medical, dental and other voluntary benefits plans as well as wellness programs.
The Data Foundation Team at Benefitfocus is seeking an experienced senior data engineer to join their exciting and talented team of engineers.
As a Data Engineer, you will be collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies.
- Implements high priority application software and infrastructure covering database design, epic, feature and story development, re-usable code, components and application functionality.
- Works with a high velocity team of engineers and architects to define the application architecture and create software design for key elements of the application.
- Evaluates performance of key elements of the application functionality and tunes the performance to cover the range of customer use.
- As the technical lead for a project, works with the scrum team to assist developers and monitor their progress against project milestones.
- Performs tech design reviews, code reviews and demos for the scrum teams.
- Provides scheduling estimates and assists with the scheduling process.
- Mentors other team members in application development techniques and implementation.
- Provides input to managers on the performance of team members for use in their reviews and participates in the interview.
- Additional responsibilities, as required.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience in software development.
- 8-12 years of experience in software development recommended in addition to education requirements.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on distributed computing development experience using PySpark, Spark SQL, and Databricks.
- 3+ years of experience implementing AWS, GCP, or Azure cloud services.
- Proficient with CI/CD using git repositories with Jenkins Pipelines or equivalent.
- Snowflake and DBT experience.
- Passion for data and data technologies (OLTP, OLAP, Big Data, ETL, ELT, etc.).
*This corresponds to BF Engineer III, Software
Benefitfocus is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace in which equality, representation and respect create a culture of belonging. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
See more jobs at Benefitfocus
Apply for this job