???? The Lumos Story
Apple changed the world with the App Store by making all kinds of consumer tech a click away. Lumos is doing that, but for all the apps a company uses. In short, we are building a company’s AppHQ to manage all apps in one place.
Here’s how it works: You go to the Lumos AppStore, request your app of choice, your manager approves the request in Slack and your account is created — instantly. No long IT ticket queues anymore. What if you stop using the app? Lumos automatically detects that and removes your license, saving the company money and improving security. In its essence, Lumos is creating the meta app for all apps.
???? Why You Should Join Lumos
- ???? Jump on a Rocketship: In less than two years, our team has grown from 20 to ~80 people and our customer base has 10x’ed with companies like GitHub, MongoDB and Major League Baseball!
- ???? Trust Renowned Backers: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) backed us since the beginning. Also, Prospect (a platform where startup people evaluate different companies) called Lumos a 10x company among just a few other companies, beating startups like Rippling, Retool or Zapier.
- ⭐ Thrive in a Unique Culture: You’ll be one of the first 100 people to join. So, you'll have actual influence on the trajectory of the company. Most importantly, when we talk about Lumos, we don’t just talk about the products we create but also the distinctive philosophy we live by. Check out our values to see if it’s a fit.
???? More Information on the Role
We’re seeing very strong adoption with core products, and in order to double down our investment and support accelerating growth, we’re hiring a Security Engineer Lead to join the team. You'd be among the first 100 employees and set the foundation for extreme growth. ????
Lumos is transforming how companies operate by building the first AppStore for Companies. As such, Lumos sits in the middle of some of the most sensitive data & control available in enterprises. As the first security software engineer lead at Lumos, you will have a key impact on the definition & growth of our entire security program: from identifying and translating customer needs to defining, architecting, and developing our security infrastructure, application components, and processes.
✨ Your Responsibilities
- Lead efforts across the broad spectrum of security needs in an early-stage startup. That includes application security, infrastructure security, threat intelligence, incident response, compliance, identity & access management (IAM), and more. You will wear many hats.
- Solve challenging technical problems across the stack to improve our security posture; may include the frontend (React, Typescript), communication layer (GraphQL), and backend (Python, Terraform, AWS).
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and Lumos’s technology to satisfy the security needs of a broad range of customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in engineering and beyond to identify & mitigate key technical risks & plan for security at scale.
- Level up the team. You mentor those around you and improve the standards of our engineering organization.
⛰ Your Skills
- Software engineering. You have hands-on software development experience. You love building great software products that deliver value to customers. You are proficient in designing, building, and delivering modern cloud-based software systems.
- Proven mentor & team player. You have proven track record of mentoring teammates. You foster a collaborative & inclusive working environment. You have a mature approach to sharing knowledge, training, and developing the skills of your team members. You level up the team, putting the success of their team about their own ego: “we” before “I”.
- Security expert. You are a security generalist. You are passionate about securing complex systems. You know how to incorporate the needs of our customers into the security roadmap across the pre-sales and post-sales spectrum. Familiarity with a common compliance framework such as SOC2, GDPR, FedRAMP, ISO 27001, etc.) is a plus.
- $150,000 - $210,000. Note that this range is a good faith estimate of likely pay for this role; upon hire, the pay may differ due to skill and/or level of experience.
???? What We Value
We care much more about your motivation and excitement to grow into the role than we care just about your CV. Instead of focusing on what people need to have, we focus on what people need to do. Additionally, we try to find out whether you would be a good fit for Lumos based on our values that define how we achieve outcomes and what characteristics we value.
We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. ????
???? Benefits and Perks:
- ???? Remote work culture (+/-4 hours Pacific Time)
- ⛑ Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage covered by Lumos
- ???? Company and team bonding trips throughout the year fully covered by Lumos
- ???? Optimal WFH setup to set you up for success
- ???? Unlimited PTO, with minimum time off to make sure you are rested and able to be at your best
- ???????? Up to (4) months off for both the Birthing & Non-birthing parent
- ???? Wellness stipend to keep you awesome and healthy
- ???? 401k contribution plan