Who is Chinook?
Chinook works with key building stakeholders to make their facilities secure, compliant, and efficient. We assess, quantify, and prioritize their needs, and systematically implement change to optimize operations. Our work results in better building performance, ease of maintenance, and reduced energy use and utility costs to realize cost savings in both new and existing facilities. We ensure systems and equipment are designed, constructed, and operating in accordance with the owner’s project requirements, and maintain compliance with codes, standards, regulations, and industry best practices. We lower operational risk exposure and implement proactive cybersecurity measures to protect Operational Technology and reduce a client’s threat landscape.
Looking for challenging and rewarding work alongside some the best in the business? Energized by finding new solutions and technologies that benefit your clients, improve efficiency, and make buildings and the environment better? Eager to work in a setting where you can make a difference, be involved from strategy through implementation, and can see your ideas come to life? Do you thrive in an environment where initiative is rewarded with opportunity? If your answer to these questions was a “Yes” then Chinook may be the right fit for you.
And a few more things -- are you flexible in your work schedule and work location? Our work allows for some work from home, but it also requires us to be hands-on for our clients when and where they need us. Are you up for a little adventure? Chinook performs work in some interesting places well worth visiting, and you might want in on that.
The Cybersecurity Engineer is a Subject Matter Expert in applying the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and will be responsible for managerial direction and development of one or more projects under the supervision of the Cybersecurity Program Manager. The Project Manager will manage and interface with key clients and cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential stakeholders and partners to develop business, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, and oversee the successful delivery of projects. This position works collaboratively with the Program Manager and other team members to support network discovery, developing hardware/software lists, and developing network diagrams. As part of a multi-disciplinary team the Project Manager will advise, implement, and manage cybersecurity and control system solutions for SCADA, HVAC, Fire Alarm/Life Safety Systems, and Electronic Security Systems and ensure projects are aligned, and closely with leadership in the successful growth and management of the program, ensuring that financial goals and objectives are maximized.
- Oversee the application of the RMF to client systems
- Provide project capabilities in design, network system documentation, and identification of FRCS and IT components
- Lead and perform logical scans to locate FRCS components and assess network architecture and connectivity
- Lead the completion of detailed network diagrams and network dataflow diagrams
- Implement risk management programs for our federal clients
- Enhance cyber awareness with clients and project teams
- Work alongside federal clients to help them mitigate risk with the use of continuous monitoring and incident response
- Establish security controls to ensure the protection of client systems
- Implement cutting edge security tools for our federal clients
- Create, implement, and maintain project plans for on-going and new initiatives
- Document meetings minutes and action items and disseminate to meeting participants
- Monitor status of action items through effective tracking tools and communication of progress and assist with closing of action items
- Create, draft, and review project documentation
Here's What You Need:
- 7+ years of experience performing network discovery, developing hardware/software lists, and developing network diagrams.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing teams
- In-depth experience implementing the Risk Management framework
- IT/OT network design experience
- Experience designing and configuring servers, switches, workstations.
- Experience designing and programming control system devices.
- Experience working with RMF and NIST 800-53
- Experience working with UFGS 25 05 11
- Experience working with cyber security tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or related engineering field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- AT Level II Certification Required (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP certification), AT Level III Certification Preferred (CISSP)
- Certifications in Cisco, Juniper, Moxa, and/or other Network Switches Preferred
- Certifications in MS Windows Server, Active Directory, Enterprise OS Preferred
- Certifications in Linux Operating Systems Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Chinook Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against anyone because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Chinook is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment must be US citizens and be able to pass security screens, up to Top Secret level, due to the nature of who we work for.
Applicants must be able to work a full day on a project site, combined sitting, standing, walking, and in front of the monitor. We can guarantee you won’t be bored!
Applicants must be able to stand, climb ladders, stairs, and get to wherever the problem is so you can see it for yourself.