We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our team within the Business Development group. We are hiring a Sales Development Representative to join our Brand Partnerships team, generating new business opportunities for the company by identifying, contacting, and qualifying potential customers. You will be managing leads through the sales pipeline by setting meetings, following up on leads, and tracking progress toward meeting sales goals. We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a proven track record of success in sales. If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for sales, we encourage you to apply.
About the Team
The Instacart Brand Partnerships Sales Development Representative (SDR) team exists to build relationships with Emerging-Scaled advertisers pre-activation. Through these relationships, SDRs help Emerging-Scaled advertisers to set up and launch successful ads campaigns.
About The Job
- Prospect and activate new advertisers for the Instacart advertising platforms
- Cold email and call new accounts to drive value and win relationships
- Strong problem-solving, solution mapping and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a strong go to market strategy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- A desire to learn and grow in the sales field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Developing sales collateral, case studies, and custom ‘stories’ to translate benefits of Instacart’s platform to CPG advertisers
- Previous experience in a sales or business development role
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build rapport and establish lasting relationships
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets and KPIs
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong advertising industry knowledge and understanding of CPG advertising is a plus
- Familiarity with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) and sales engagement tools
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policyhere.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role.This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Please read more about our benefits offeringshere.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.