Purpose and Scope/General Summary:We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to support sales of our fully cooked poultry product in the western region. This position will be based in the western region in a remote office (home office).
- Establish sales relationship with Key Customers and Regional Grocers in geographical area.
- Work with Team leaders for Key Customers and assist in Sales and Marketing presentations.
- Establish sales relationship with Brokers and Distributors.
- Manage Broker office in each market to establish growth goals and implement strategy to accomplish those goals.
- Delegate and follow through on sales plans to broker reps that call on independent distributors and corporate account distributors.
- Review weekly analytics and conduct weekly meetings with each broker market to measure results and adjust strategy.
- Negotiate program agreements with regional accounts and distributors.
- Develop MDF’s to support promotional Ad planners with customers
- Plan, Schedule, Develop, and Execute sales trainings and new product introductions with Broker offices, Distributors, and Top customers.
- Responsible for maintaining forecast to meet Business Unit objectives.
- Knowledge of retail item offering and product capability, and current price list.
- Regular collaboration with Director of Retail Sales to review and update strategies and initiatives.
- Accept ownership of Sales Objectives and all facets of our business that impact sales growth and management.
- Work in Tandem with Pilgrims Corp office to develop and be responsible for margin realization.
- Be informed about and communicate market and industry changes that will affect our performance and growth.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred; can be substituted for related experience
- Must be able to travel
- 1-3 years' experience in retail food sales required
- Protein (poultry) experience highly preferred
- Ability to represent Pilgrims and sell our brand and corporate mission
- Negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills-Microsoft Office
- Collaborative/Accountable/Results driven/ Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Analytical and process oriented
- Able and willing to communicate effectively
- Desire to Win
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $95,000 - $110,000;and
- Incentive Pay:This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who have, at minimum, the first of a two-dose vaccine in advance of their first date of employment will be required to receive the second dose within the manufacturers recommend timeframe and submit proof of their final vaccination dose once obtained. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us:Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission:To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are:Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity