emocha Health is tackling one of the largest unsolved problems in healthcare: medication non-adherence. We envision a world where taking all of your medication is a cultural norm and the deadly consequences of non-adherence are history. If you're a person who thrives in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and forward-thinking success, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Accountant at emocha, you will have the primary responsibility of the day-to-day accounting and finance functions of emocha’s financial processes, including but not limited to AR, AP, revenue, credit card expenses, etc. This position maintains the organization’s financial books and records and develops and generates financial reports required by colleagues and as directed by the CFO for management purposes, and outside accountants for audit purposes. You will work with other operations team members to execute day-to-day bookkeeping duties. In addition, you will ensure the smooth running of administrative program operations, including purchasing and management/execution of the expense management and payroll processes for the organization.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions to assure up-to-date financial information and timely financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as periodic ad hoc reporting
- Activities include general ledger maintenance, A/P, A/R, reconciliations, revenue, deposits, etc.
- Assist with reporting and analysis of actual financial results compared with goals to CFO, CEO and leadership team
- Assist with weekly and monthly financial reporting; P+L Statement, Cash Flow analysis, Budgeting, General Ledger review
- Maintain records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist with annual company budgeting process
- Assist with coordination of the annual audit and tax filing:
- Assist with preparing schedules for audit and ensure financial records are accurately prepared prior to the audit
- Assist with the dissemination of data to all relevant parties in partnership with the CFO
- Assist with the completion and filing of state and federal reporting as necessary
- Develop, implement and provide meaningful and flexible financial reporting and information to all relevant stakeholders
- Manage the process for expense reimbursements
- Assists with day-to-day accounting and finance functions including credit card expense tracking and bills
- Support revenue billing and receipt
- Support emocha staff in interpreting and understanding budgets and financial reporting
- Lead development of other ad hoc reports and projects on an as-needed basis
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field strongly preferred; CPA a huge bonus, but not required,
- 2+ years in accounting,
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks or Xero accounting software
- Experience with Brex and Namely software a bonus
- Ability to manage tasks, prioritize issues, execute work in an efficient and timely manner and track and manage multiple work streams at once
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Proficiencies with other technology (e.g. Microsoft Office, including Excel), Google Platform, and willingness to adapt to new technologies
- Experience in managing vendors and working with auditors helpful
- Able to interact with staff at all levels including explaining financial concepts to non-finance staff
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
Working at emocha
We’re a diverse team of designers, technologists, researchers, and public health enthusiasts committed to helping people with chronic and infectious disease get better faster. As we strive to improve the health of patients and providers across the world these values empower us:
- Entrepreneurship, Optimism, & Forward Momentum:We operate with a sense of competitive urgency and determination because the problem we’re solving is unacceptable.
- Impact, Empathy, & Dedication to End Users:Many of the patients we serve face significant health challenges and inequities. We’re determined to change this injustice. We accomplish incredible amounts of work because we know that better outcomes are possible.
- Radical Candor, Resilience, & Connectivity:We’re direct with each other because we respect each other, and we speak up - even when it’s uncomfortable. As a startup, we operate with fewer resources, which forces creativity and innovation.
- Perpetual Growth & Genius Everywhere:emocha is a place where the best ideas win. We look for the genius in everyone, valuing intelligence and passion over pedigree. We’re a fast-growing company with big dreams and we can’t wait for you to grow with us.
At emocha, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. That’s why all engagement in the U.S. for roles that require or include in-person activities and where legally permitted are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated (or agree to be fully vaccinated by the start date) against Covid 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-engagement requirements. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request a reasonable accommodation.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We believe in reflecting the diversity of our customers, and their patients, in our team. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. emocha is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental ability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that “no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance” (42 U.S.C. Section 2000d).
emocha is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its products and/or services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI. If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied the benefits of the products and/or services provided by emocha Mobile Health, or otherwise being discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability, our contact information is:
Title VI Manager
emocha Mobile Health Inc.
916 N. Charles Street, Suite 200
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
(410) 864-8587, Option 3