Cloudbeds is the hospitality industry's fastest-growing technology provider for independent hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and hotel groups. Our award-winning Cloudbeds Hospitality Platform is currently helping a growing clientele of 22,000+ properties in 157 countries to increase revenue, streamline operations, and deliver memorable guest experiences.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 500+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we've believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we've founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with sharedcore valuesthat allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people wherever they're located;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we're on a mission to power every property in the world and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world.
Cloudbeds is seeking aSenior Accountantto join our fast-growing Finance department. As aSenior Accountantat Cloudbeds, you will be responsible for working with the Financial Reporting Manager to integrate GAAP adjustments into monthly financial reporting; perform reconciliations and prepare schedules to support these entries; propose the accounting associated with non-routine transactions; write technical memos, policies, and procedures as well as participating in ad hoc projects. The position requires someone with strong GAAP knowledge, the ability to collect and analyze data, problem-solve, and make corresponding conclusions, including the ability to detect patterns, observe, and interpret data. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a startup, fast-growth environment, as well as comfortable taking initiative and being a self-starter through the department's evolution. The ability to work in a diverse work environment and to pivot, with changing priorities, are critical requirements for this position.
Location:Remote - US
What You Will Do:
- Assist with the comprehensive implementation of GAAP related accounting for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Work closely with the team to account for non-routine transactions
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation and facilitation of annual financial statement audit
- Assist with formally documenting accounting policies and procedures and technical memos
- Further, develop a system of internal controls
- Ad hoc projects to support the development of the department
You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ years in public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Business level fluency in English required
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, and clearly communicate issues and progress
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.