Senior Account Executive (U.S., Remote)
Slync.iois the first purpose-built logistics operating platform that delivers Logistics Orchestration™ to transform the way shippers, logistics service providers, and carriers manage global operational issues and multi-enterprise data. An API-driven platform, Slync.io connects disparate systems, ingests structured and unstructured datasets, orchestrates teams, and automates processes seamlessly together for multi-enterprise transparency and friction-free collaboration for your end-to-end logistics operating network. Slync.io is proud to support users across four continents and happy to call three of the top 5 freight forwarders worldwide our customers.
Slync.io is Intelligent Automation for Global Logistics.
We are a dynamic, agile, and driven group of problem solvers that deliver unparalleled results for our customers by solving critical challenges in the lives of daily logistics operators. Our diverse team comes from all over the world, from other successful startups, big tech companies, logistics service providers, and supply chain technology leaders. We’re looking for motivated and exceptional people to join us on our exciting journey to revolutionize the logistics software industry globally.
Slync.io’s operations are headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with an R&D office located within the heart of Silicon Valley in San Francisco, CA.
See for yourself what else Slync.io has been up to visitOur Slync.io Blog.
This role can be positioned in a major city in South, Midwest or West region. Relocation will not be required, nor facilitated. Office will be virtual, subject to change.
The Senior Account Executive assumes the leadership role within their assigned accounts. In this capacity, the Senior AE will identify and qualify opportunities within their accounts and develop and drive account strategy and executive relationships within each. The Senior AE will assume ownership for revenue generation within assigned accounts, as well as the quality and strength of the executive relationships within them.
The Senior AE overachieves the software license revenue goal of their territory through the creation of a complete territory business plan that generates at least three times the quota in pipeline opportunity. The Senior AE possesses a “hunter” mentality and excels at developing and closing large, complex software license transactions. They will be responsible for driving opportunities that are based on the value of Slync’s solution portfolio and will be an expert at communicating this value in a compelling business case to customers & prospects in order to achieve assigned quotas. The Senior AE creates and nurtures executive relationships independently and leverages the Virtual Account Team to ensure success for their customers and for Slync.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Account and Customer Relationship Management, Services and Cloud Subscription Revenue.
- Annual Revenue - Achieve / exceed quota targets.
- Sales strategies - Develops effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth. Develop relationships in new and existing customers and leverage to drive strategy through organization.
- Trusted advisor - Establishes strong relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value (value of counsel and expertise, value of solutions, value of implementation expertise). Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching.
- Customer Acumen - Actively understand each customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape. Review public information (e.g. new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the prospect.
- Territory and Account Leadership - Lead designated territory, including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles. Encourage all accounts to become references.
- Business Planning – Develop and deliver comprehensive business plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points. Utilize benchmarking and ROI data to support the customer’s decision process.
Demand Generation, Pipeline and Opportunity Management
- Pipeline planning - Follow a disciplined approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep pipeline current and moving up the pipeline curve.
- Pipeline partnerships – Leverage support organizations including Marketing, Partners and channels to funnel pipeline into the assigned territory.
- Be proficient in and bring all Slync offers to bear on sales
- Advance and close sales opportunities - through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Support all Slync promotions and events in the territory
- Sell value.
- Orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales.
- Utilize best practice sales models.
- Maintain CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information.
Leading a (Virtual) Account Team
- Demonstrates leadership skills in the orchestration of remote teams.
- Ensure account teams and Partners are well versed in each account’s strategy and well positioned for all customer touch points and events. Maximize the value of all sales support organizations.
- 5+ years of experience in sales of complex business software / IT solutions, Supply Chain/Logistics experience preferred.
- Proven track record in business application software sales.
- Experience in lead role of a team-selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market.
- Business level English: Fluent
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated history of achieving a sales quota of $3 million or more in software revenue.
- Hunter mentality with experience working the full cycle of complex sales and presenting to multiple levels within clients.
- Possess the ability and self-motivation to work in a geographically dispersed model.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Slync.io is excited to offer full-time roles with a competitive base salary, unlimited vacation, comprehensive medical, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance as well as pre-tax flexible spending accounts for transportation commuter benefits, healthcare savings accounts, 401K, and monthly communication allowances. We also host team-building activities and provide a great environment to accelerate your career and personal life.
Slync.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization. Slync.io is an e-Verify company.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process