How will this role have an impact?
A Senior Software Engineer - Datadevelops systems to manage data flow throughout Signify Health’s infrastructure. This involves all elements of data engineering, such as ingestion, transformation, and distribution of data.
What will you do?
- Communicate with business leaders to help translate requirements into functional specification
- Develop broad understanding of business logic and functionality of current systems
- Analyze and manipulate data by writing and running SQL queries
- Analyze logs to identify and prevent potential issues from occurring
- Deliver clean and functional code in accordance with business requirements
- Consume data from any source, such a flat files, streaming systems, or RESTful APIs
- Interface with Electronic Health Records
- Engineer scalable, reliable, and performant systems to manage data
- Collaborate closely with other Engineers, QA, Scrum master, Product Manager in your team as well as across the organization
- Build quality systems while expanding offerings to dependent teams
- Comfortable in multiple roles, from Design and Development to Code Deployment to and monitoring and investigating in production systems.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner while clearly measuring progress
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, async programming patterns, object-oriented design, parallel programming)
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience with at least one popular programming language (.NET or Java) and SQL constructs.
- Experience writing and maintaining frontend client applications, Angular preferred
- Strong experience with revision control (Git)
- Experience with cloud-based systems (Azure / AWS / GCP).
- High level understanding of big data design (data lake, data mesh, data warehouse) and data normalization patterns
- Demonstrated experience with Queuing technologies (Kafka / SNS / RabbitMQ etc
- Demonstrated experience with Metrics, Logging, Monitoring and Alerting tools
- Strong communication skills
- Strong experience with use of RESTful APIs
- High level understanding of HL7 V2.x / FHIR based interface messages.
- High level understanding of system deployment tasks and technologies. (CI/CD Pipeline, K8s, Terraform)
The base salary hiring range for this position is $92,300 to $132,900. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. Eligible employees may enroll in a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. We also offer education assistance, free development courses, paid time off programs, paid holidays, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners.
Signify Health is helping build the healthcare system we all want to experience by transforming the home into the healthcare hub. We coordinate care holistically across individuals’ clinical, social, and behavioral needs so they can enjoy more healthy days at home. By building strong connections to primary care providers and community resources, we’re able to close critical care and social gaps, as well as manage risk for individuals who need help the most. This leads to better outcomes and a better experience for everyone involved.
Our high-performance networks are powered by more than 9,000 mobile doctors and nurses covering every county in the U.S., 3,500 healthcare providers and facilities in value-based arrangements, and hundreds of community-based organizations. Signify’s intelligent technology and decision-support services enable these resources to radically simplify care coordination for more than 1.5 million individuals each year while helping payers and providers more effectively implement value-based care programs.
To learn more about how we’re driving outcomes and making healthcare work better, please visit us at www.signifyhealth.com.
Diversity and Inclusion are core values at Signify Health, and fostering a workplace culture reflective of that is critical to our continued success as an organization.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.