Major Job Functions:
· Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements programs in one or more programming languages, for a specific assigned software system or systems. These may include PC, Web, or mainframe-based development tools.
· Executes given test scripts, records results, and reports issues
· Identifies application, database software, and programming problems.
· Assesses the health and performance of software applications and databases.
· Participates and maintains relationships with business units, customers and information technology subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology issues, risks and functional/integration issues.
· Provides appropriate research support to business and information technology groups within the organization. Advises on options, impact on other business processes, and system priorities.
· Writes program specifications for individual programs.
· Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents simple programs, or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system
· Assists in providing accessibility, retrievability, security and protection of data in an ethical manner
· Defines test conditions for given requirements. Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided. Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans. Analyses and reports test activities and results.
· Produces software builds from software source code.
· Conducts tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
· Undertakes complete design of simple applications using simple templates and tools. Assists as part of a team on design of components of larger systems.
· Supports integrated applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
· Establishes, participates, and maintains relationships with business units, customers and information technology subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology issues, risks, and functional/integration issues.