Location: Remote in Kosovo
Litera, headquartered in Chicago, US, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
We are looking for a Web Developer to help grow our marketing creative team. As we look to redesign our website and move to a more dynamic web hosting model, we are looking for a creative, proactive in-house Web Developer to join our team. You will be involved in the development of our website, updates to existing pages, and tweaks to improve performance.
A Day in the Life
As the web developer, you will be responsible for taking requirements, creating mock-ups, and designing layouts while balancing the usability, visual appeal, and technical feasibility of the designs. You will also plan and execute projects, as well as improve the overall quality, speed, and security of the website. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinker who is aware of current trends and has excellent verbal and written communication skills to excel in a fast-paced environment. It's an exciting time to join this team! This role will require a combination of programming skills (.NET, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.) and familiarity of design best practices (design patterns, the color and font choices, etc.).
- Custom web application development in a CMS environment
- Testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Create wireframes or mockups for web pages and applications
- Design layouts for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices
- Collaborate with marketing and design team to execute and implement new ideas
- Deliver work at the forefront of design and web trends
- Advise the team on UI/UX best standards and practices
- Strive for design standards with consideration for accessibility
- Coordinate with IT and security to maintain security standards
- Coordinate with M&A team to integrate new company websites under our brand umbrella
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision on multiple priorities
- Strong understanding of AJAX, SASS, and front-end build tools (Babel, Gulp, Yeoman, npm, Bower)
- Ability to architect enterprise web solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams (design, marketing)
- Knowledge of SEO coding best practices, a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing websites for a marketing or communications team or similar start up environment
- Ability to empathize with people. Your first instinct when asked for something is to try to find a way to say yes
- A strong portfolio of work
- A general understanding of web performance metrics
We strive to stay current with all employment trends and prioritize flexibility, employee well-being, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Most of our employees are fully remote, and we do not have a return-to-office plan as we are more successful working remotely. Our generous PTO and ten flexible holidays promote work-life balance. And all our employees are encouraged to access personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system.
Litera is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age.