Wherever drivers go, we’re leading the way. Agero’s mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we’re pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visitwww.agero.com.
About the Role
Agero has a vision to automate the roadside assistance industry. This means providing the automotive and insurance industry with a way to enter details about people who have broken down, then automatically determining the best quality and fastest response from thousands of towers and their nationwide fleet of tow trucks all running our towing app.
This creates interesting UI/UX challenges - we’re building something that no one else has built and we have three user perspectives on the same data.
We work in small teams of 3-5 engineers called “squads” to strategically execute on different areas of the codebase. This creates a small-team feeling while being a part of a larger organization. We're using React on the Web, and React Native for iOS and Android.
- Own the front end web code and experience
- Help shape the front end architecture and institute best practices throughout our code base
- Help grow and mentor the front end team
- Help scale the front end codebase to keep up with increasing demand
- Work with a designer / product manager to get new features out quickly and bug free
- Convert Figma files into functional styled components
- Ensure cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
- Bring innovative ideas and solve complex technology problems
- Work closely with UX/UI designers, product managers, QA engineers, and backend developers.
- Own the successful implementation of product features and codebase improvements, from development to release and beyond.
- Collaborate with other members of the front end team
- 5+ years of professional software development or UI/UX development experience
- 3+ yrs professional experience in a modern React environment (Hooks, Context, API, Suspense)
- Extensive knowledge of testing (Cypress for visual regression testing, Jest for unit testing)
- Experience using git with pull requests and code reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Experience working with Relay
- Experience working with React Native
- United States: AZ, FL, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, GA, and VA
- Canada: Province of Ontario
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.
***Disclaimer:Agero is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodation is available. Additionally, we offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Agero communicates with candidates via text for matters related to submitted applications, questions, and availability for interviews. If you prefer not to receive texts, you can contact Agero's recruiting team directly at email@example.com.