Company is healthcare’s leading provider of payment reimbursement solutions. Our mission, “We Simplify Healthcare Payments” has driven us to simplify, streamline and digitize claim payments, insurance premium payments and patient payments to their providers. We are intensely proud of our wonderful team members, who wildly outperform our competition by delivering 95-99% conversion of claim payments from checks to electronic methods including ACH and virtual cards, whereas the industry average is just 74% and the next best competitors are at about 80%. Our multi-lingual, omni-channel Premium Payments platform delivers outstanding member satisfaction and excellent conversion of member payments to efficient online and IVR channels, generating higher revenue, faster cashflow and lower support costs for insurers. Our Patient Financial Engagement solutions enable providers to engage with patients to help them make payments when and how they can best do so, optimizing propensity to pay, days sales outstanding, and reducing the costs of invoicing and processing payments.
600 Health plans, 1.2M providers, 450M claims/year… the numbers speak to our scale, experience and the trust our customers have in us. Glassdoor ratings of 4.4 with 90% of employees saying they would recommend Company to a friend speak to our culture and character
Our AR platform is a multi-lingual patient payment platform currently serving the healthcare industry and capable of expanding to other markets. The accounts payable capabilities include:
- Automatic and self-service payment portals
- Automated online invoice presentment, payment processing and platform integration, and reconciliation
- Web portal and interactive voice response interfaces
- Multiple payment options: credit card, debit card, FSA/HSA cards, ACH
- Point of Purchase (In office Payments)
Company’s accounts receivable customers include health insurers, hospitals, large providers, small providers and others. Known for excellent service and innovation, Company creates value for customers by balancing print and digital payment channels to optimize cost and outcomes and raise member satisfaction. Company aims to unify the accounts payable and accounts receivable data flows for customers to provide transparency and control over cash.
Sr Developer, Payments
Reports To: Senior Director, Payments
Direct Reports: 0
The Sr Developer, Payments is a senior-level role focusing on ensuring that all technical and architecture decisions are optimized for the platform to achieve Company’s corporate and team key results in service to the mission of ‘Deliver the greatest sustainable business in the shortest lead time, with the highest quality to teams and customers’. Distributed Software development expertise, strategic thinking, excellent inter-personal and communication skills are ‘critical, requiring any successful applicant to have extensive experience including a mature, disciplined and collaborative personality. In this role the applicant will plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of new business Features and Capabilities.
The applicant will also act as a change agent on the human system that creates the technology to ensure greater agility and effectiveness. You must be an exemplary model for optimism, bringing solutions to surfaced problems, and coaching others to do the same when required. Good to have technical leadership experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• 60% Hands-on development
• Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications following established architecture standards as well as software development and project management methodologies.
• Experience working in an Agile Methodology development organization.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Should have strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Monitor skills and capabilities of individuals across their discipline and suggest to leadership areas people are exceeding expectations/ready for promotion and could improve/grow
• Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives
• Enable the Continuous Delivery Pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy
• Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
• Define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context
• Provide oversight and foster Built-In Quality and Team and Technical Agility
Skill Set Required
• Must be proficient in Java, SprintBoot, SOA/Mircoservice development
• Experience developing multithreaded applications.
• Should be proficient in writing RESTful APIs, Hibernate, LINQ
• Must have experience with at least one of the security protocols: OAuth2 & SAML SSO
• Should have experience on Messaging Technologies like RabbitMQ / Kafka or anything similar
• Strong knowledge of OOD, design patterns, software architecture, systems integration concepts and frameworks.
• Should be highly proficient writing T-SQL procedures, functions using MS SQL Server 2018 – 2020
• Good to have experience – Redis cache, NoSQL (MongoDB/Cassandra/CouchDB), GraphQL
• Debugging and troubleshooting skills
Highly Desired Skills
- Exposure to Microservice Architecture.
- Experience with containerized application development using Docker, Kubernates.
- Development experience using AWS/Azure Cloud
· Willingness to travel up to 10% of time to visit partners, other offices, etc.
· Ability to work in offices some days to facilitate teamwork and rapid collaboration
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in Software Design, Software Development, or Software Architecture with a demonstrated track record of technical innovation
• Experience in software development using Java programming language
• Hands on technical leadership experience
• Experience with high availability designs and parallel/horizontal scale-out architectures
• Experience in FinTech a plus
• Expertise in the software development lifecycle process, including analysis and design, APIs, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
• Passionate about delighting customers, and an excellent understanding of enterprise workloads
• Ability to motivate others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose, creates a compelling vision for the future, communicates clearly, and has a collaborative leadership approach
• Ability to think in a strategic manner to develop innovative product solutions
• Demonstrated expertise working with one or more of the following: Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Mobile Application Development, Microservices, APIs, Front End Development, Security and Privacy.
• Teach and mentor engineers in technical and non-technical growth, learning, development, and leadership
· Bachelor’s degree in technology, MIS or computer science, or 10 years of equivalent work experience
Additional Information and Benefits:
Company is an amazing place to work. We are leading in the healthcare payments industry, experiencing growth, and have some of the most brilliant and talented people working for us. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service while spending each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. At Company you will be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions. Below you will find what we have to offer.
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Personal and professional learning
• Inclusive, diverse work environment
• Resources and volunteer opportunities to give back to your community
• Paid holidays
• Medical, dental, vision insurance with dependent paid coverage
• 100% paid STD/LTD & group Term Life insurance
• Flexible/unlimited paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Retirement plan with matching
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible schedule
• Tuition reimbursement
• Casual dress code for on-site employees
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Team Socials
• Company events
Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse and inclusive environment. Employment at Company is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at this employer is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.