At Silent Eight, we develop our own AI-based products to combat financial crimes that enable things like money laundering, the financing of terrorism, and systemic corruption. We’re a leading RegTech firm working with large international financial institutions such as Standard Chartered Bank and HSBC. Join us and help make the world a safer place!
This opportunity for a PaaS cloud architect will help with the strategy and design of the infrastructure to enable rapid iteration and delivery of internal services and SaaS AML solution in the AWS cloud. This team sets the standard for shared services, continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and packaging of software deliverables. Our mission is to design and implement innovative IT solutions to help prevent, detect and report on financial crimes and terrorist financing activities.
Location:100% Remote, anywhere in Poland
- Work on cloud architecture for internal services and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) platform.
- You’re going to partner and provide direction to multiple agile teams of experienced software engineers, helping enable the teams to move forward with full DevSecOps capabilities.
- Will be responsible for creating architecture for a secure cloud network supporting internal DevOps and Data Science activities, as well as customer-facing SaaS deployments.
- Drive development of Terraform modules, architect secure and automated processes for infrastructure provisioning.
- Design for security and compliance, ensuring high-level of data protection due to the processing of PII data.
- Analyze and optimize cloud infrastructure costs.
- Design for reliability and scalability, allowing for smooth operations.
- Collaborate closely with teammates (data science, product, project)
Modern Technology Stack:
- Work methodology:Scrum
- Main technologies:Java 11 (and 17 in places), Spring Boot, Python 3, PostgreSQL, Apache Spark, Docker, Angular 10
- Tools used:RabbitMQ, Consul, Traefik, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Artifactory, SonarQube, Keycloak, Minio, Nomad, Kubernetes, Nginx
- CI/CD:Jenkins, GitLab, Artifactory, SonarQube, Argo CD
- Code reviews:GitLab
- Cloud Infrastructure:AWS
- Issue tracking tool:Jira
- Knowledge repository:Confluence, Google Drive
- Operating system:Linux Ubuntu and Redhat
- Freedom to choose tools:Yes
- Clearly communicating and documenting cloud infrastructure designs
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning for services operated in the cloud
- Experience in creating Infrastructure as Code using Terraform (Terragrunt familiarity is a plus)
- Practical knowledge of cloud network engineering (routing, network access control, security groups, AWS Transit Gateway, etc.)
- Experiance in designing and operating production-grade Kubernetes clusters (AWS EKS in particular)
- Knowledge of automating infrastructure provisioning
- Estimating and optimizing AWS infrastructure costs
- Friendly attitude and patience for sharing knowledge
You will be co-creating our business solutions
We believe that your feedback allows us to create the best solutions as well as adjusted work culture. You will have a real impact on the growth of the company and the product we develop.
We aren’t your run-of-the-mill tech start-up. At Silent Eight, everyone is a leader in their own field with perspective and experience shared across teams and departments.
Because learning never ends, we empower our employees to invest in themselves. We provide a range of resources such as paid Development Days, in-house training, lunch-and-learns, etc. to make sure our employees are continuing to grow each day.
Team building events
We know that our success is only possible if we work together as a team. We are a group of passionate individuals united by a common mission. Therefore we like to meet together regularly to connect not just as coworkers, but as human beings, whether it’s at an offsite in Dubai or a weekly “Tea Time” to catch up.
100% remote work forever
We are not new to working remotely. In fact, we’ve been doing it since 2013 and we know how to make you feel supported, connected, and included. We believe that the freedom to choose where you work from is important to finding the journey that is right for you.
Don’t wait! Join our team today!
Silent Eight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
* Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is 3 Church Street, Samsung Hub #25-01, Singapore 049712 for purposes of the recruitment process for the position of PaaS Cloud Architect under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that the above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time as is necessary for document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.